cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

continue watching list - how to delete unwanted programmes

Spent the evening trying the first 5 minutes of a load of programmes to see if i liked them.  Now they are stuck in my continue watching list and I cannot find out how to remove them from the "continue watching' list.  "My Watchlist"is fine, that has an edit button to use.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I found the easiest way is to search for the series, you want to delete.

Go to the last episode of the last series and scroll all the way to the end, say leave 15 seconds to play.

Once it finishes, it assumes you have watched the entire series and removes it from your list.

Easiest to do on the computer I find.

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Totally agree that nowtv should offer an option to remove stuff from your continue watching list if you wish to get rid of it (even if you have to use an access pin to prevent other members of the family accidentally removing content off the list).

The only sort of work around is to go to the last episode of a particular show that you have been watching and fast forward it towards the end of the show until you get to the end of the credits to hopefully let the show drop off the list which is a bit hit & miss from my experience.

The problem with the above if it's not a movie, boxset or one off single show, then if the tv show is on catchup then next weeks show will be automatically added to the list again Smiley Mad.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you. Certainly works for box sets but yet to find a solution for the pesky catch up programmes.  Literally watch just a minute of a programee and it is locked into "continue watching" even though i may detest the programme. Did write to Now asking them to stop default me to "continue watching" but never got a reply. 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Yeah it's so annoying not having an option to remove unwanted episodes on the Continue Watching section, where many customers have asked for the feature.

Sometimes, when somebody on the forum mentions that a particular TV show episode doesn't play, then now and again i will check it out to to see it works for me.

Then i am stuck with this TV show in my Continue Watching folder and need to go through the faffing around to try and remove it (a simple click of a button would be much easier).

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I found the easiest way is to search for the series, you want to delete.

Go to the last episode of the last series and scroll all the way to the end, say leave 15 seconds to play.

Once it finishes, it assumes you have watched the entire series and removes it from your list.

Easiest to do on the computer I find.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I must confess to finding this a very annoying aspect of NOWTV.   Amazon Prime has excellent settings for dealing with this situation.  

Thank you for the suggested solution I will now get cracking with trying to sort out my unwanted programs.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I agree and I think NowTV has by far the worst interface of all the media streaming providers (for a higher standard price!).  It's not user friendly and it can hang when swapping devices. Also, it can be sluggish when the player software is loaded on PCs.

Izzie-T
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Anonymous User 

Might this chain can help

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It does not work for me, going to last episode, it still remains, so damn annoying.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

See when you go to the last episode, do you fast forward through to the end?

Another solution I have found is to leave it and after about 3/4 weeks it will just disappear. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help