cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lennyswench
Advocate

Re: blue screen intermittently during a program

Hi All

It seems that we all have the exact same problem using the Black Box (and I’ve tried 2 of them on multiple TV’s) and it all started when Sky introduced the horrible new interface.

Is there anyone here that has any legal knowledge to the point that maybe Sky would start listening if we (and i’m Sure there’s many thousands more) start a class action against them to recoup any monthly subscription fees we have paid since the firmware update as the service is clearly “Not Fit For Purpose.”

Suggestion Anyone???

0 Thanks
StormHavoc
Mentor

F.Y.I it was I that posted the previous post. I Hadn’t realised my computer was logged in as my wife’s account. 

0 Thanks
kate1855

So we now also have this problem... my son has a Now TV box and turned it on tonight to watch some Kids TV, blue screen appears! Audio is still available and the picture comes back when he presses a button. Pretty annoying though!

Any update please?

0 Thanks
Treadstone02
Advocate

I completely agree with you about NOWTV making more money from people.  I feel this is the same for mobiles, micro purchases with video games and other gadgets that have auto updates. Phase out older models by breaking them, encourage customers to spend more on the next novelty, end all customer services with older models so it leaves customers vulnerable and with little choice.

Same thing all the time, happens everywhere, loyal customers are swept under the rug once NOWTV have had your money, new customers get better treatment.

I'm currently watching CURFEW with intermittent blue screen flashes through the episode, S1 E7. I'm also using the original NOWTV box.  In the thread NOWTV ask for serial numbers, programs you're watching and when etc - in my opinion this is all nonsense, stalling and buying time. Passing the buck and declining responsibility for the issue. The above information is not needed as it will be a software issue as clearly mentioned.

As a previous employee of Pipex Homecall all years back, we also were told to give customers things to do and try in order to keep them off our backs and constantly calling.  Seem familiar?  We will NOT get help or a solution, just a long run around unless we pay more money to rectify the issue, no one wants to know.

Treadstone02

StormHavoc
Mentor

Thanks for your response Treadstone and I completely agree it’s about forcing you to payout and upgrade which is completely unacceptable as we are all paying a subscription for a service using Sky hardware we’ve already paid for.

I do have one of their NowTV sticks and I haven’t noticed the blue screen on it but it does suffer from a different problem where it overheats, Presumably as a result of being plugged directly into the HDMI port of the TV which by there nature generate a lot of heat, this causes it to keep locking up. So I really don’t know what the answer is other than cancelling my subscription. 

For the record I also subscribe to Netflix and Amazon Prime and have never had any issues with my viewing experience of these. 

0 Thanks
Phildick
Advocate

I'm having the same problem  - blue screen.  

Now TV black box

0 Thanks
Phildick
Advocate

These was an update available for my box.  Press the home button then go to Settings at the bottom right and System/System Update to install

I've installed it  - so far so good.

0 Thanks
Kimbo1
Scholar

The problem on my black box stopped happening a couple of weeks ago and so far has not returned. However I will wait to see as this has happened before and eventually the problem comes back again. If it does I will try the system update as recommended.

0 Thanks
StormHavoc
Mentor

The Black Boxes Periodically check for updates and of course you can perform a manual scan. My boxes are both using the latest version as confirmed by Sky yet still I have the blue screen issue. I have performed a full factory reset and reconfigured everything and this stopped the blue screen from appearing but only for about a week. If it cured it longer I could possibly live with that but I’ll be damned if I’m going to and recommend to you good people that that repeating this procedure weekly is a fix. 

0 Thanks
Bluescreen
Advocate

I am getting this problem for the nowtv stick as well.   It's not me.  It's you.   Will seek refund.

0 Thanks