cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

blue screen intermittently during a program

In the past few days we have been watching the last Perry Mason and during the program, for a split second, the screen went blue, the sound continued and then the program carried on. This has also occurred during the second episode of the Prodical Son, not the first.

Any idea's out there?

108 REPLIES 108
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Izzie-T ,

That is a disappointing reply. This fault has been caused by the software update created, delivered and installed by NowTV, not a fault with the physical device. Software that was updated this year is hardly "End of Life" but rather "Brand spanking new". And as it is the software that delivers the content it feels very much within the area listed in your signature.

If you cannot help how does one directly get in touch with customer service for the software to report an error in the software causing disruption to service? Is that not what this very forum is for? To pass this sort of issue back to NowTV and allow them to gather data from multiple customers on the same issue?

Izzie-T
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

Hi All,

I am sorry that I cannot help on this occasion as the device overall issue is a very limited area for me. 

All your comments have been logged for the team to look into it, however the customer team definitely better trained than me on device help or possible swap. 

I can only do my best. 

Thank you for your feedback.

*Please note that I am only able to look into on content related queries, any account, offer, etc related, please contact our customer team or live chat for help. Thank you.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Izzie-T  Sorry but what you seem to be missing is;

This is not a device issue.

This is a software issue

This needs to be passed to the software team that prepared the update to look at how the master time and background interact to cause this issue in one of your supported devices.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same issue. 

Again, it is since the update. 

Several people are asking how to contact customer services yet still no information. 

Izzie-T
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

Hi @Anonymous User 

Please use the Help Centre page and you will find a Pink colour tab " Get Help Quicker ".

That would help you to get on a live chat with the team.

Thank you.

Hi @Anonymous User 

The team is still working on this, even though I recommend for contact customer service for a proper device help. 

Thank you for your message.

*Please note that I am only able to look into on content related queries, any account, offer, etc related, please contact our customer team or live chat for help. Thank you.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi there, I am also getting the intermittent blue screen since the software update.  It happens exactly once every minute on all the programmes I'm watching and I also get a blue screen when I pause instead of the normal frozen action.  I use the original Now TV Box - if this can't be fixed then Now TV should send out free new boxes to those people affected.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Good luck with that! Just spent nearly 2 hours in online chat about the same issue. Their best suggestion is to buy a NOW TV Smart stick from them at £24.99 to solve the problem, despite that it would appear the problem only occurred after the non optional software update that introduced the new home screen earlier this year, my box had no problems prior to this nor does it seem did others on here. Terrible customer service, feels like they are looking to make money from those of us who have not yet upgraded. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

The issue with the intermittent blue screen has disappeared in the last two or three days and everything is back to normal. I am pleased but have no idea why it has suddenly righted itself!

Anonymous User
Not applicable
It’s still happening with my black box!
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yep, still happening for me too, the problem even persists with a factory reset of black box as advised by customer service. Though, it is evident that this is a software problem and needs to be fixed on nowtv's end.