cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Quixote
Mentor

Re: blue screen intermittently during a program

Yep, still happening for me too, the problem even persists with a factory reset of black box as advised by customer service. Though, it is evident that this is a software problem and needs to be fixed on nowtv's end.

0 Thanks
Waffle
Advocate

Getting this for the last few weeks. On two separate NowTV boxes. Time to cancel my subscriptions. None of these problems exist with Netflix. Prime etc. 

Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Waffle @Johnofborden @Quixote @Henchf @Kimbo1 

We're sorry that you're experiencing this issue, our teams are working hard to get to the bottom of this.

To help our teams with the investigation can we ask you to provide the following infomation:

1. Content details (name of film or series and episode number)
  2. Device type and serial number (Black box, Stick, Smart box with blue now tv logo, Smart 4k box with pink now tv logo)
  3. Television make and model, power cable used, being used with bundled HDMI lead etc
  4. Time the issue was seen to the closest hour
  • If possible, upload a video of the blue screen appearing with your reply

Thanks

Simon 

0 Thanks
Kimbo1
Scholar

Well, after a week of no problems when I thought it was all solved, I now have the intermittent blue screen back exactly the same as before!

0 Thanks
Kimbo1
Scholar

@Simon-J 

Simon - I will give the information you're asking for separately but please note the following:

- All users experiencing this problem seem to have the original black box.

- It doesn't matter what time of day it is, the intermittent blue screen always happens whenever you watch the affected programmes, and all episodes of them.

- The blue screen appears exactly once each minute.

-This only started happening to all of us after the latest update when the home screen changed.

Techno77
Advocate

Hi. As one of original posts I am following this with interest. I have an  Entertainment and Movie pass. I watch numerous programmes that are broadcast at different times on several channels- Sky one, witness, Atlantic and Crime and problem is on all of them . Also same with Movies.  Noticed  recently that when watching live programmes the blue screen stays on until the ok button pressed and it occurs regularly. All this when cost has gone up for Entertainment package. Not happy with response from Now tv.

Jw90
Advocate

I am also getting this when watching F1 on a roku nowtv box model 4201

Also only started happening since the change to the new menu system

0 Thanks
skinandy14
Advocate

I am also getting this problem, currently watching a movie using an original black box on a Samsung tv using all original leads etc, it’s happening now Sat 26 Sep 7pm. This does spoil the film as the blue screen appears at 1-2 minute intervals.

0 Thanks
Richard-F
Advocate

Same issue happening for us. Audio continues, screen goes blue for a second or so intermittently, then comes back to normal. 

it has happened with most programs/films we have watched since the update - although we are watching less because it is an appalling experience.

we have one of the old small black boxes. Any idea when this will be fixed? 

Richard-F
Advocate

Hi Simon,

here is a video of it happening:

https://youtu.be/7wQ9S5yfwgU

I guess it is the same issues others are having.

this is in “jumanji the next level” but it has happened in others too.

this is with a small square black now box and the tv is a non-smart Samsung 32” tv connected via hdmi. The box is powered from the mains. It was seen between 8 and 9pm today.

Sn: 3266ay059199

While watching now tv we get an intermittent blue screen showing up. Happens roughly once or twice a minute