cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Mentor

Re: blue screen intermittently during a program

Hi there, I am also getting the intermittent blue screen since the software update.  It happens exactly once every minute on all the programmes I'm watching and I also get a blue screen when I pause instead of the normal frozen action.  I use the original Now TV Box - if this can't be fixed then Now TV should send out free new boxes to those people affected.

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Mentor

Hi there, I am also getting the intermittent blue screen which started after the software update. It is happening on all episodes of the following programmes that I am currently watching: Lovecraft Country, the DNA of Murder and Prodigal Son, but is not happening on Carnivale, which is a much older programme. It happens exactly once every minute and also I get a blue screen when I pause, instead of the normal frozen action.

I have an original Now TV black box, serial number 3266AK189030.

If this can't be fixed then those of us experiencing this problem should be sent new boxes for free.

Thank you.

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Legend 5
Legend 5

I doubt a new replacement NowTV device would currently fix it where there is something wrong with the recent Firmware rollout.

I am not getting the intermittent blue screen but other issues which i have reported to NowTV since the New look home screen page software update.

Just wondering what make TV's forum members are using with the blue screen issue, where it might be a HDMI handshake drop out with the NowTV devices where there is a compatibility issue with certain branded televisions since the NowTV software rollout.

Highlighted
NOW TV Team
NOW TV Team

Hi Everyone,

I have chased for help from related team.

All I can do is passing your message to the team at present, if you would try the below for alternative help and advice.

https://help.nowtv.com/get-in-touch/technical-device-issues/adding-or-changing-devices

click on the down arrow under the Get in Touch, so you can use the live chat and discuss your issue with someone. 

Thank you.

*Please note that I am only able to look into on content related queries, any account, offer, etc related, please contact our customer team or live chat for help. Thank you

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Mentor

My TV is a Panasonic. However if the issue is connected with the brand of TV then I wonder why the intermittent blue screen only shows on some programmes and not others. 

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Advocate

I have the exact same issue with my Black Box. The screen goes blue (audio continues) meaning I can't watch the stuff I am paying for. 

There is clearly a bug in the latest firmware update. Does anyone know if NowTV are even aware of the issue yet? 

0 Thanks
Highlighted

I am also experiencing the split second blue screen in programs especially on the kids channels. The audio continues. It uses ethernet and have tried power on and off. I have the black box besides the tv. I will disconnect thr cables but this appears to be a common problem and it does seem to be happening since you changed interface. Is my box too old?

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Advocate

Good luck with that! Just spent nearly 2 hours in online chat about the same issue. Their best suggestion is to buy a NOW TV Smart stick from them at £24.99 to solve the problem, despite that it would appear the problem only occurred after the non optional software update that introduced the new home screen earlier this year, my box had no problems prior to this nor does it seem did others on here. Terrible customer service, feels like they are looking to make money from those of us who have not yet upgraded. 

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Mentor

The issue with the intermittent blue screen has disappeared in the last two or three days and everything is back to normal. I am pleased but have no idea why it has suddenly righted itself!

0 Thanks
Highlighted

It’s still happening with my black box!
0 Thanks