Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Mentor

Re: blue screen intermittently during a program

@Izzie-T  Sorry but what you seem to be missing is;

This is not a device issue.

This is a software issue

This needs to be passed to the software team that prepared the update to look at how the master time and background interact to cause this issue in one of your supported devices.

Highlighted

Same issue. 

Again, it is since the update. 

Several people are asking how to contact customer services yet still no information. 

0 Thanks
Highlighted
NOW TV Team
NOW TV Team

Hi @Henchf 

Please use the Help Centre page and you will find a Pink colour tab " Get Help Quicker ".

That would help you to get on a live chat with the team.

Thank you.

Hi @Otters33 

The team is still working on this, even though I recommend for contact customer service for a proper device help. 

Thank you for your message.

*Please note that I am only able to look into on content related queries, any account, offer, etc related, please contact our customer team or live chat for help. Thank you.

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Izzie-T 

You said:-

I would strongly suggest to contact customer service for the device issue, as all the NOW TV is end of life product. 

Would somebody from the product side please like to clarify this?

Even the Sticks are EOL?

NOWTV itself is EOL?

Or is this just the Black box, and you know something we don’t?

But why update it, if it’s going?

If my posting answered your question, please click ‘Accept Answer’
(As long as you started the thread, and haven’t already accepted an answer)
If you liked my posting, please click ‘Thanks’ (the thumbs-up icon)
If you disagree with my posting, say so below, and I will see if I need to mend my ways 🙂
0 Thanks
Highlighted
Advocate

Ever feel like your going in circles or banging head against a wall software upgrade problems roll back software to get rid of blue screen flash and awful menu 

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Mentor

It seems we have exactly the same intermittent blue screen. We use the NowTV black box. 

so is the resolution we give up our subscription and go to a different service provider. The nominated NowTV ‘expert’ seems to have no answers or proper recommendations. 

0 Thanks
Highlighted
NOW TV Team
NOW TV Team

hi @RoyB @Henchf @Lez113 @Johnofborden @Gor1x 

Thank you for all your message. 

I am really trying to get help for this issue, we would really appreciate it that if it is possible you can please to provide the below information to assist this investigation:

• Content being watched (Film name or episode season/ep number)
  • Date and approximate time the issue was seen to the nearest hour.
  • Exact device type being used (Stick, Black box, Smart box, 4k box)
  • Serial number of the device

Thank you very much for any of your help.

*Please note that I am only able to look into on content related queries, any account, offer, etc related, please contact our customer team or live chat for help. Thank you.

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Mentor

We've been watching Chicago PD on catch-up nightly Mon - Fri between 9pm to 10pm and the blue screen has flashed up every 5 mins or so for a second.

Then on Saturday I was trying to watch the Italian F1 Grand Prix qualifying live on Sky One and the screen went blue permanently. I switched channels and the screen came back, but went blue pemanently again after a couple of seconds.

Highlighted
Mentor

Sorry, missed off that our problem is when using a black box (sn: 325581103481).

Highlighted
Expert 3

Daft question but has anyone recorded the problem on a mobile device and emailed it to customer services?

I only ask because I have 6 devices that don't have the problem and if NowTV developers are in the same boat as me (or can't replicate the problem) they won't know what they're looking for.