cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Mentor

Re: blue screen intermittently during a program

Equipment: Black Now TV Box, using NOW Internet connection on a Sony (not smart) TV.

Since Menu update, Blue screen flashes for about half a second every minute on the minute [roughly from xx:xx:00.05 to xx:xx:01.00] while streaming content and in menus.  It's not like a Windows Bluescreen Blue it's NOWTV menu background blue. The problem is intermittent, happening 2 or 3 times since the update. Unplugging the box and waiting 30 seconds then plugging back in stops it for a while and then it came back. Although doing that made the box forget the wired internet connection it was using.

When it happens during paused content the blue screen remains and doesn't disappear at xx:xx:01.00

Hope this additional detail helps you narrow down what's going on and how to fix it.

Highlighted
Advocate

I am also having the same problem, which began when Now introduced the new format. I also have a Now TV Box

Highlighted

Same happening here too. Ever since NowTv made changes to the screen format.

hoping resetting everything will sort it.

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Advocate

Exactly the same happening to us since the update, full blue screen interrupts our movies regularly. So annoying, we can't enjoy a film. We are on a dedicated Now TV box so you can rule out an app developed by another company.  Please sort ASAP....

Highlighted
Advocate

I too am having problem. Using black box . Started happening after new menu format. Added movies to package at start of lockdown but decided to keep.  May well change mind if this is not sorted soon. Don't feel happy doing a reset of box as not good with technical stuff.

Highlighted
Mentor

We are also having the same problem of an intermittently blinking blue screen (same colour as nowtv background screen) since the be menu was introduced. Also, using a black nowtv box. Very annoying, as it disrupts viewing. Please sort out asap.

Highlighted
NOW TV Team
NOW TV Team

Hi All,

I would strongly suggest to contact customer service for the device issue, as all the NOW TV is end of life product. 

*Please note that I am only able to look into on content related queries, any account, offer, etc related, please contact our customer team or live chat for help. Thank you.

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Mentor

Hi @Izzie-T ,

That is a disappointing reply. This fault has been caused by the software update created, delivered and installed by NowTV, not a fault with the physical device. Software that was updated this year is hardly "End of Life" but rather "Brand spanking new". And as it is the software that delivers the content it feels very much within the area listed in your signature.

If you cannot help how does one directly get in touch with customer service for the software to report an error in the software causing disruption to service? Is that not what this very forum is for? To pass this sort of issue back to NowTV and allow them to gather data from multiple customers on the same issue?

Highlighted
Mentor

Hi @Izzie-T ,

thanks for the reply, but has been said, this response really is not that helpful. If the tv boxes are end of life products, this is the first I have heard of it. Even were that the case, I think nowtv have a responsibility to customers who bought these boxes and continue to pay for services, correct me if I am wrong?

Also: a) it is very difficult to contact customer services, where exactly can this be done? I keep being re-directed to the forums; and b) live chat is not working.  So how can we raise this issue so it can be fixed?

So... we have raised an issue which is obviously caused by a software update and is effecting numerous people with tv boxes, but have no way of remedying it. How can we get in touch with customer service so it can be rectified? Should this issue persist, I'll just have to cancel all my passes as I am not getting the service I paid for.

Highlighted
NOW TV Team
NOW TV Team

Hi All,

I am sorry that I cannot help on this occasion as the device overall issue is a very limited area for me. 

All your comments have been logged for the team to look into it, however the customer team definitely better trained than me on device help or possible swap. 

I can only do my best. 

Thank you for your feedback.

*Please note that I am only able to look into on content related queries, any account, offer, etc related, please contact our customer team or live chat for help. Thank you.