cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

blue screen intermittently during a program

In the past few days we have been watching the last Perry Mason and during the program, for a split second, the screen went blue, the sound continued and then the program carried on. This has also occurred during the second episode of the Prodical Son, not the first.

Any idea's out there?

108 REPLIES 108
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Simon-J @Anonymous User

Hi Simon, Any progress on this yet? Lots of people still having the same problem since the update.  In my case I get the problem for a few days, it stops for a few days then comes back again.  For a few days the problem did not appear and then today between 11am and 2pm I have tried watching Prodigal Son, Lovecraft Country, Celebrity Portrait Artist of the Year and The Third Day and I am experiencing the same problem on each programme.  Also today I have noticed that the blue screen also shows intermittently when the home screen is on and no programme is actually playing but the blue screen stays on longer than just a flash and then returns back to the home screen.

As previously mentioned I have the original Now TV Black Box and the serial number is 3266AK189030. I have a Panasonic TX-L37ET5B TV.

I have a clip showing the problem recorded today but I don't know how to insert it into this message and anyway someone else has already done this.

Perhaps Now TV are hoping that we will all buy a new box?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I got this blue screen for the first time last week when watching brave new world.  Happened regularly throughout the series.  I binge watched it...the blue screen kind of fit with the idea so wasn't too bad

But just started Focus and it did it immediately. Also goes blue when pausing. So I'm not going to bother, will watch something on Netflix instead. Is it time to give up on Now do we think? It was good while it lasted but I never did quite trust sky to provide something so reliable so cheap... probably shouldn't say that here, but I have now

😜

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have the same problem

Happens anytime of day on box sets, catch up, live entertainment and live sports. There is no fixed time or type of programme

My black box was** on a Sony Bravia KD43XE8005 LED HDR 4K ultra smart tv.  Model 4201, White nowtv logo.  Software version 9.2.3, Build 5136

I found if I went to settings > systems update it would then stop.  Got into the habit of doing that automatically when first switching on but when I forgot....sure enough blue screen would start to appear

**Yesterday I moved my black box to the bedroom tv as the old white one is now defunct.  By the by.....issue never happened on the white box.  I’ve now installed a brand new stick onto the smart tv (model as described above).  Not used the stick yet

Black box is now on an non smart older Toshiba tv / dvd combination (can’t see model no) but a bog standard small bedroom, ‘no bells or whistles’ tv

.....and guess what.  Switched it on for first time tonight....forget about blue screen issues on living room tv.....and et voila!  I’ve now got the issue on bedroom tv which up until the switch off of my old white box I didn’t have.

So just before typing this I did a systems update at 23.49 and problem has stopped for this evening

In conclusion one black box on two different types of TVs from two different manufacturers and same problem.  This problem only started with format change (never had a problem with old format on my black box).  A manual systems update completed by me solves the problem every time but only for that day

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am also getting this problem. Since the update it has been happening on the menu screen, it goes blue until I press one of the arrow keys. Sometimes it just randomly returns me to the home screen.

I am currently watching 'Marnie' and it is flashing the blue screen once every minute. It also goes blue when I pause. 

I am on software version 9.3.3 build 4104. 

I am on box model 4201, SN842713088936, watching on a Panasonic TX-40C300B, connected by HDMI and using original power cables.

As suggested by some others on this thread I did a software update check, it said it was up to date but the problem seems to have gone away for now, sounds like I'll  have to do that on a regular basis for uninterrupted viewing which is less than ideal to say the least.

You said 'our teams are working hard to get to the bottom of this' on the 21st September, well over a month ago now, and this is the last update we have had on this thread, and I see you posted the same thing in the other box/stick categories too, and there seems to have been no further updates.

When are you going to fix this issue please?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am also getting this when watching F1 on a roku nowtv box model 4201

Also only started happening since the change to the new menu system

Anonymous User
Not applicable

So we now also have this problem... my son has a Now TV box and turned it on tonight to watch some Kids TV, blue screen appears! Audio is still available and the picture comes back when he presses a button. Pretty annoying though!

Any update please?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, did you ever manage to get this error fixed? Ive just noticed mine has started doing the same thing 🤔 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
No, still the same!
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same issue on my smart stick! Must be one of a few not on a black box.

NowTV coloured blue screen for a second every couple of minutes.

Watching sky sports main event OR sky sports Premier league.

Happening during Chelsea Manchester utd (right now)

Very annoying to have a constant interruption to live sport. Interestingly I haven't noticed it through the adverts?!!

Plugged into HDMI, using the USB into mains for power. Not a smart TV, its a JVC LT-46DS9BJ

Do we have a fix? I've had my smart stick for less than a year so I should hope its not EoL!