Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ukbobboy
Legend

Re: blue screen intermittently during a program

@gavs82008  & @jet500  for info

Hi Gavs

You said, "... I firmly believe Now TV are in the process of decommissioning support for Now TV devices to focus on the app itself. A thing to remember is that Now TV is a streaming service, and it should remain as such, not a service to provide devices for the app to work."

Whereas I cannot disagree with you sentiment, you have to give a nod to how Now TV got here.

Way back in the day (circa 2012), when I started to look around for a streaming service, all that was around were one or two expensive streaming boxes with only the BBC as a service.

For some reason I kept looking and stumbled across the Now TV white streaming box for only £10.00, so I decided to take an inexpensive punt.  And I can quite honestly say that if that white box, at the time, did not exist then I would not have signed up for Now TV services.  

And so, from the white box, I graduated to the Now TV black streaming box in 2016, which came out in 2015.  And from there to the Roku 3 box in 2017, which I continue to use today. 

And thanks to the Now TV boxes I was inspired to start up my album collection again, albeit in digital format, connect my computer system into a network so that now, at this very moment, I am playing music from my NAS media server to my music system via my TV.

In other words, my entertainment system was truly started by me buying that little Now TV white streaming box.

However, I will agree my historical liking for Now TV devices does not have any bearing on any decision they may make to ditch they're own streaming devices. But they may pause when it comes to pulling the trigger on that decision, simply because it's easier for new users to buy Now TV devices to use with Now TV online services, and new users are Now TV's main market segment.

UK Bob

jet500
Advocate

Hi, no, I don't have a fire stick. I bought a Now TV box from Now TV to watch their programmes on my TV. I can stream via the app on other devices. Whether or not you think it should be a streaming only service isn't really material. Now TV sold me a product and should ensure it operates.

OldManC

Getting exactly the same behaviour on my Now TV box at this very moment whilst watching Pulp Fiction.

Blue screen will appear for about a second. Happens every minute. Extremely annoying.... Hence my searching for possible solutions.

The box is switched off every night.

0 Thanks
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@OldManC 

Have you tried to perform a factory reset on the box? This often squashes any bugs on the system. 

Extreme yes, but works the majoirty of the time.

0 Thanks
mm1234
Advocate

Having the same issue with my Now TV box watching the Boxing tonight.   Worked perfectly fine last week for the Boxing but getting regular blue screens tonight.

0 Thanks
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@mm1234 

Try setting the box back to factory settings. Also I would suggest unplugging your router for a few minutes.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/hard-factory-reset-now-tv-box-stick

0 Thanks
ukbobboy
Legend

@mm1234  & @gavs82008   for Info

Hey Double M

You said "...but getting regular blue screens tonight."   There is no way Blue Screens should be seen as a regular thing, the moment we, as customers, start to accept that fault as "business as usual" then we are accepting substandard  service.

However, I did say in another thread that on Friday, 19th Feb at about 1.00am, I got the dreaded blue screen with it's partner in doom "Unknown Page Error" is back and it struck down and partially bricked my Samsung Smart TV. But, as of Saturday evening everything was back to normal.

Anyway, reiterating, Blue Screens should as an aberration and not a regular thing.

UK Bob

tunners_derby
Mentor

Thanks, seemed to resolve the issue for me

0 Thanks
Liamb
Advocate

Same issue on my smart stick! Must be one of a few not on a black box.

NowTV coloured blue screen for a second every couple of minutes.

Watching sky sports main event OR sky sports Premier league.

Happening during Chelsea Manchester utd (right now)

Very annoying to have a constant interruption to live sport. Interestingly I haven't noticed it through the adverts?!!

Plugged into HDMI, using the USB into mains for power. Not a smart TV, its a JVC LT-46DS9BJ

Do we have a fix? I've had my smart stick for less than a year so I should hope its not EoL!

0 Thanks