cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: blue screen intermittently during a program

You are right, it is definitely a software issue.

It has something to do with the HDCP handshake.

If you reset to 720dpi in settings the NOW TV box resets and 'talks'  to your tv. No blue screen.

After a while the 'handshake' gets a fraction of a second out of synch...hence the blue screen. 

If you then go back into settings and reset to 1080 dpi...it disappears again for a while.

This issue will continue until NOW TV sort out the software.

My husband is an IT architect 

James3030
Advocate

I also have this issue

Black box, S/N 326677046808

Connected to Sony TV via Amazon branded HDMI cable

Connected to internet via Wi-Fi (to TP Link Deco router, to Virgin fibre BB)

We’re currently watching Succession - same issue as everyone above seems to be describing with blue screen flashes every minute or so, and sustained blue screen when on pause. 

0 Thanks
JP1
Advocate

I'm getting this issue too. Drives us nuts as it happens with every show we try and watch. And it's since the box was updated a while ago. 

We're using a black box to Samsung TV. 

S/N 3255A4225838

I was going to add movies to my subscription but not a chance if this doesn't get resolved

0 Thanks
billm912
Mentor

Simon

It's now a month since I first posted and still no solution!!

Since then others have posted so the problem is wide spread and still ongoing

When are we going to get an answer?

0 Thanks
Dan928
Advocate

Same issue ruining GP, won’t be paying 2 x £9.99 again for endless blue screen every 60 seconds. Poor service, way hasn’t the software update been rolled back or fixed!!!

0 Thanks
billm912
Mentor

I’m watching on my old Youview box instead of the NowTV box because of the blue screen but on this box I’m getting the sound cutting out instead of the blue screen! WHAT’S GOING ON!!!
0 Thanks
jeannettedb

Hi, did you ever manage to get this error fixed? Ive just noticed mine has started doing the same thing 🤔 

0 Thanks
Henchf

No, still the same!
0 Thanks
jet500
Advocate

It's happening to me too. As with others, only since the menu update. I have the black box too. It happened watching the new series of A Discovery of Witches and on live cricket it is permanent and I have to go back to the menu to get rid. You are wrong to assume it's only a few people. I will be leaving NOW TV if this isn't resolved. What action are your technical people taking to resolve it? They caused it with the update.

0 Thanks
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@jet500 

Do you happen to have an Amazon fire stick? 
As I’ve found that Now TV is far more reliable than on any Now TV device. 

What I can say is that in my personal opinion that I firmly believe Now TV are in the process of decommissioning support for Now TV devices to focus on the app itself. A thing to remember is that Now TV is a streaming service, and it should remain as such, not a service to provide devices for the app to work on. 

0 Thanks