cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

blue screen intermittently during a program

In the past few days we have been watching the last Perry Mason and during the program, for a split second, the screen went blue, the sound continued and then the program carried on. This has also occurred during the second episode of the Prodical Son, not the first.

Any idea's out there?

108 REPLIES 108
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Do you happen to have an Amazon fire stick? 
As I’ve found that Now TV is far more reliable than on any Now TV device. 

What I can say is that in my personal opinion that I firmly believe Now TV are in the process of decommissioning support for Now TV devices to focus on the app itself. A thing to remember is that Now TV is a streaming service, and it should remain as such, not a service to provide devices for the app to work on. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
ukbobboy
Legend

@gavs82008  & @jet500  for info

Hi Gavs

You said, "... I firmly believe Now TV are in the process of decommissioning support for Now TV devices to focus on the app itself. A thing to remember is that Now TV is a streaming service, and it should remain as such, not a service to provide devices for the app to work."

Whereas I cannot disagree with you sentiment, you have to give a nod to how Now TV got here.

Way back in the day (circa 2012), when I started to look around for a streaming service, all that was around were one or two expensive streaming boxes with only the BBC as a service.

For some reason I kept looking and stumbled across the Now TV white streaming box for only £10.00, so I decided to take an inexpensive punt.  And I can quite honestly say that if that white box, at the time, did not exist then I would not have signed up for Now TV services.  

And so, from the white box, I graduated to the Now TV black streaming box in 2016, which came out in 2015.  And from there to the Roku 3 box in 2017, which I continue to use today. 

And thanks to the Now TV boxes I was inspired to start up my album collection again, albeit in digital format, connect my computer system into a network so that now, at this very moment, I am playing music from my NAS media server to my music system via my TV.

In other words, my entertainment system was truly started by me buying that little Now TV white streaming box.

However, I will agree my historical liking for Now TV devices does not have any bearing on any decision they may make to ditch they're own streaming devices. But they may pause when it comes to pulling the trigger on that decision, simply because it's easier for new users to buy Now TV devices to use with Now TV online services, and new users are Now TV's main market segment.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, no, I don't have a fire stick. I bought a Now TV box from Now TV to watch their programmes on my TV. I can stream via the app on other devices. Whether or not you think it should be a streaming only service isn't really material. Now TV sold me a product and should ensure it operates.

Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User 

Thanks for sharing this. 

I can see what the advisor was trying to do here but looks like they didn't quite grasp the point that you're seeing issues on more than one on your devices, the best thing to do in regards to how this was handled would be to raise a complaint: https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-make-a-complaint

I would say, although it's clear to me you wern't swearing at the advisor almost every customer services have a zero policy when it comes to "bad" language, so it's best to play it safe and avoid it or the advisor usually has the right to end the chat. 

I'm doing everything to make sure all the infomation and feedback were getting on this issue is flagged to the tech teams and I will keep pushing this on everyone's behalf, so while I can't provide a timeline on this I can tell you this is a priority and you are being listened to.

Thanks

Simon

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi Simon
Thank you for your reply.
Having worked in customer facing local government for 40 years I do realise that customer advisors have a difficult job, but being essentially told “tough luck, we are looking at it and you will just have to wait” without any end date in sight or any alternative provision offered does tend to frustrate!
All I want is the service I’m paying for, I’m not really interested in compensation but continuing to have to pay for something that you are not receiving is just wrong!
Whilst the issue is being pursued by your Tech dept it would seem reasonable to either offer to provide an alternative viewing method, ie a new stick (assuming they work) or to refund my subscriptions.
I purchased my Black Box from you as I wanted a wired device not a wireless device but it seems you are moving away from this option entirely?
Also, it seems from the community posts that this is not a new problem and has been reported to you since at least August. So, you will forgive me and others if we are getting a bit fed up with it! It does seem that these problems started post the Menu “upgrade” which I agree with most others is not an upgrade and is worse than before.
Bill Milburn

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Simon

It's now a month since I first posted and still no solution!!

Since then others have posted so the problem is wide spread and still ongoing

When are we going to get an answer?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same issue ruining GP, won’t be paying 2 x £9.99 again for endless blue screen every 60 seconds. Poor service, way hasn’t the software update been rolled back or fixed!!!

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I’m watching on my old Youview box instead of the NowTV box because of the blue screen but on this box I’m getting the sound cutting out instead of the blue screen! WHAT’S GOING ON!!!
Anonymous User
Not applicable

We are also having the same problem of an intermittently blinking blue screen (same colour as nowtv background screen) since the be menu was introduced. Also, using a black nowtv box. Very annoying, as it disrupts viewing. Please sort out asap.

Izzie-T
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

Hi All,

I would strongly suggest to contact customer service for the device issue, as all the NOW TV is end of life product. 

*Please note that I am only able to look into on content related queries, any account, offer, etc related, please contact our customer team or live chat for help. Thank you.