cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

blue screen intermittently during a program

In the past few days we have been watching the last Perry Mason and during the program, for a split second, the screen went blue, the sound continued and then the program carried on. This has also occurred during the second episode of the Prodical Son, not the first.

Any idea's out there?

108 REPLIES 108
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same problem as everyone else! Currently watch the F1 qualifying and TV keep giving me a dark blue screen but still have sound, blue screen disappears if I press remote ok button but returns in a few minutes. This has been going on since menu update, which I agree is rubbish and not as good as the old one. We we ever get a solution to this?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Still no response from NowTV on this problem!!

The problem is still occurring on everything I watch, live TV Movies & Entertainment.

Black NowTV box Device 4200SK

Serial number 326678089246

Software version 9.3.3 build 4104.10

There's no point in having a NowTV box/subscription if it doesn't work!

Clearly this is a widespread NowTV problem which has been going on for some time, since the menu update it seems!

When are we going to get an answer & solution ??

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same happening here too. Ever since NowTv made changes to the screen format.

hoping resetting everything will sort it.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Getting exactly the same behaviour on my Now TV box at this very moment whilst watching Pulp Fiction.

Blue screen will appear for about a second. Happens every minute. Extremely annoying.... Hence my searching for possible solutions.

The box is switched off every night.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Have you tried to perform a factory reset on the box? This often squashes any bugs on the system. 

Extreme yes, but works the majoirty of the time.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
mm1234
Advocate

Having the same issue with my Now TV box watching the Boxing tonight.   Worked perfectly fine last week for the Boxing but getting regular blue screens tonight.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@mm1234 

Try setting the box back to factory settings. Also I would suggest unplugging your router for a few minutes.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/hard-factory-reset-now-tv-box-stick

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
ukbobboy
Legend

@mm1234  & @gavs82008   for Info

Hey Double M

You said "...but getting regular blue screens tonight."   There is no way Blue Screens should be seen as a regular thing, the moment we, as customers, start to accept that fault as "business as usual" then we are accepting substandard  service.

However, I did say in another thread that on Friday, 19th Feb at about 1.00am, I got the dreaded blue screen with it's partner in doom "Unknown Page Error" is back and it struck down and partially bricked my Samsung Smart TV. But, as of Saturday evening everything was back to normal.

Anyway, reiterating, Blue Screens should as an aberration and not a regular thing.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, 

This problem has been occurring for me also for the past week.  I have cleared the tv cache, taken my nowtv stick out and reinstalled with no change I'm afraid.  Advice please?

Thanks

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just read the above message asking for more details.

My tv is a samsung smart tv

I am currently watching The Undoing at 8.50pm series 1 ep 2 and it is occurring right now.

Thanks