cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

blue screen intermittently during a program

In the past few days we have been watching the last Perry Mason and during the program, for a split second, the screen went blue, the sound continued and then the program carried on. This has also occurred during the second episode of the Prodical Son, not the first.

Any idea's out there?

108 REPLIES 108
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Well, after a week of no problems when I thought it was all solved, I now have the intermittent blue screen back exactly the same as before!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I completely agree with you about NOWTV making more money from people.  I feel this is the same for mobiles, micro purchases with video games and other gadgets that have auto updates. Phase out older models by breaking them, encourage customers to spend more on the next novelty, end all customer services with older models so it leaves customers vulnerable and with little choice.

Same thing all the time, happens everywhere, loyal customers are swept under the rug once NOWTV have had your money, new customers get better treatment.

I'm currently watching CURFEW with intermittent blue screen flashes through the episode, S1 E7. I'm also using the original NOWTV box.  In the thread NOWTV ask for serial numbers, programs you're watching and when etc - in my opinion this is all nonsense, stalling and buying time. Passing the buck and declining responsibility for the issue. The above information is not needed as it will be a software issue as clearly mentioned.

As a previous employee of Pipex Homecall all years back, we also were told to give customers things to do and try in order to keep them off our backs and constantly calling.  Seem familiar?  We will NOT get help or a solution, just a long run around unless we pay more money to rectify the issue, no one wants to know.

Treadstone02

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for your response Treadstone and I completely agree it’s about forcing you to payout and upgrade which is completely unacceptable as we are all paying a subscription for a service using Sky hardware we’ve already paid for.

I do have one of their NowTV sticks and I haven’t noticed the blue screen on it but it does suffer from a different problem where it overheats, Presumably as a result of being plugged directly into the HDMI port of the TV which by there nature generate a lot of heat, this causes it to keep locking up. So I really don’t know what the answer is other than cancelling my subscription. 

For the record I also subscribe to Netflix and Amazon Prime and have never had any issues with my viewing experience of these. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm having the same problem  - blue screen.  

Now TV black box

Anonymous User
Not applicable

These was an update available for my box.  Press the home button then go to Settings at the bottom right and System/System Update to install

I've installed it  - so far so good.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

The problem on my black box stopped happening a couple of weeks ago and so far has not returned. However I will wait to see as this has happened before and eventually the problem comes back again. If it does I will try the system update as recommended.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

The Black Boxes Periodically check for updates and of course you can perform a manual scan. My boxes are both using the latest version as confirmed by Sky yet still I have the blue screen issue. I have performed a full factory reset and reconfigured everything and this stopped the blue screen from appearing but only for about a week. If it cured it longer I could possibly live with that but I’ll be damned if I’m going to and recommend to you good people that that repeating this procedure weekly is a fix. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

You are right, it is definitely a software issue.

It has something to do with the HDCP handshake.

If you reset to 720dpi in settings the NOW TV box resets and 'talks'  to your tv. No blue screen.

After a while the 'handshake' gets a fraction of a second out of synch...hence the blue screen. 

If you then go back into settings and reset to 1080 dpi...it disappears again for a while.

This issue will continue until NOW TV sort out the software.

My husband is an IT architect 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I also have this issue

Black box, S/N 326677046808

Connected to Sony TV via Amazon branded HDMI cable

Connected to internet via Wi-Fi (to TP Link Deco router, to Virgin fibre BB)

We’re currently watching Succession - same issue as everyone above seems to be describing with blue screen flashes every minute or so, and sustained blue screen when on pause. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm getting this issue too. Drives us nuts as it happens with every show we try and watch. And it's since the box was updated a while ago. 

We're using a black box to Samsung TV. 

S/N 3255A4225838

I was going to add movies to my subscription but not a chance if this doesn't get resolved