cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

blue screen intermittently during a program

In the past few days we have been watching the last Perry Mason and during the program, for a split second, the screen went blue, the sound continued and then the program carried on. This has also occurred during the second episode of the Prodical Son, not the first.

Any idea's out there?

108 REPLIES 108
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Equipment: Black Now TV Box, using NOW Internet connection on a Sony (not smart) TV.

Since Menu update, Blue screen flashes for about half a second every minute on the minute [roughly from xx:xx:00.05 to xx:xx:01.00] while streaming content and in menus.  It's not like a Windows Bluescreen Blue it's NOWTV menu background blue. The problem is intermittent, happening 2 or 3 times since the update. Unplugging the box and waiting 30 seconds then plugging back in stops it for a while and then it came back. Although doing that made the box forget the wired internet connection it was using.

When it happens during paused content the blue screen remains and doesn't disappear at xx:xx:01.00

Hope this additional detail helps you narrow down what's going on and how to fix it.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am also having the same problem, which began when Now introduced the new format. I also have a Now TV Box

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Exactly the same happening to us since the update, full blue screen interrupts our movies regularly. So annoying, we can't enjoy a film. We are on a dedicated Now TV box so you can rule out an app developed by another company.  Please sort ASAP....

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I too am having problem. Using black box . Started happening after new menu format. Added movies to package at start of lockdown but decided to keep.  May well change mind if this is not sorted soon. Don't feel happy doing a reset of box as not good with technical stuff.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am also experiencing the split second blue screen in programs especially on the kids channels. The audio continues. It uses ethernet and have tried power on and off. I have the black box besides the tv. I will disconnect thr cables but this appears to be a common problem and it does seem to be happening since you changed interface. Is my box too old?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have this problem constantly also since new menu came about, which I also do not like in the slightest. Has any solution been found? Unplugging doesn't work. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi Emma13418

There has not been any help put forward by NOWTV. It seems that those with the black box are affected and there is no current solution.

By the way, I haven’t heard from anyone who likes the new menu!
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi All

It seems that we all have the exact same problem using the Black Box (and I’ve tried 2 of them on multiple TV’s) and it all started when Sky introduced the horrible new interface.

Is there anyone here that has any legal knowledge to the point that maybe Sky would start listening if we (and i’m Sure there’s many thousands more) start a class action against them to recoup any monthly subscription fees we have paid since the firmware update as the service is clearly “Not Fit For Purpose.”

Suggestion Anyone???

Anonymous User
Not applicable

F.Y.I it was I that posted the previous post. I Hadn’t realised my computer was logged in as my wife’s account. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am getting this problem for the nowtv stick as well.   It's not me.  It's you.   Will seek refund.