cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

blue screen intermittently during a program

In the past few days we have been watching the last Perry Mason and during the program, for a split second, the screen went blue, the sound continued and then the program carried on. This has also occurred during the second episode of the Prodical Son, not the first.

Any idea's out there?

108 REPLIES 108
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi there, I am also getting the intermittent blue screen which started after the software update. It is happening on all episodes of the following programmes that I am currently watching: Lovecraft Country, the DNA of Murder and Prodigal Son, but is not happening on Carnivale, which is a much older programme. It happens exactly once every minute and also I get a blue screen when I pause, instead of the normal frozen action.

I have an original Now TV black box, serial number 3266AK189030.

If this can't be fixed then those of us experiencing this problem should be sent new boxes for free.

Thank you.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

I doubt a new replacement NowTV device would currently fix it where there is something wrong with the recent Firmware rollout.

I am not getting the intermittent blue screen but other issues which i have reported to NowTV since the New look home screen page software update.

Just wondering what make TV's forum members are using with the blue screen issue, where it might be a HDMI handshake drop out with the NowTV devices where there is a compatibility issue with certain branded televisions since the NowTV software rollout.

Izzie-T
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

Hi Everyone,

I have chased for help from related team.

All I can do is passing your message to the team at present, if you would try the below for alternative help and advice.

https://help.nowtv.com/get-in-touch/technical-device-issues/adding-or-changing-devices

click on the down arrow under the Get in Touch, so you can use the live chat and discuss your issue with someone. 

Thank you.

*Please note that I am only able to look into on content related queries, any account, offer, etc related, please contact our customer team or live chat for help. Thank you

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have the exact same issue with my Black Box. The screen goes blue (audio continues) meaning I can't watch the stuff I am paying for. 

There is clearly a bug in the latest firmware update. Does anyone know if NowTV are even aware of the issue yet? 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

My TV is a Panasonic. However if the issue is connected with the brand of TV then I wonder why the intermittent blue screen only shows on some programmes and not others. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am having it watching a Now TV box. Watching Harry Potter anf Order of 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello Izzie

We have been experiencing this issue since the update too. It happens approximately every minute and is very annoying. Sound isn't affected, just the picture.

We have a black box connected to the Tv via HDMI lead.

It is connected to our HDMI 3 channel on our Panasonic Viera TV.

It does stop for a while if you unplug the unit, wait 30 seconds, then plug back in, but it soon starts again.

It happens a lot with Sky Witness channel and Sky one.

I have recorder a video but don't know how to upload it, sorry.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Getting this for the last few weeks. On two separate NowTV boxes. Time to cancel my subscriptions. None of these problems exist with Netflix. Prime etc. 

Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User @Anonymous User @Anonymous User @Anonymous User 

We're sorry that you're experiencing this issue, our teams are working hard to get to the bottom of this.

To help our teams with the investigation can we ask you to provide the following infomation:

1. Content details (name of film or series and episode number)
  2. Device type and serial number (Black box, Stick, Smart box with blue now tv logo, Smart 4k box with pink now tv logo)
  3. Television make and model, power cable used, being used with bundled HDMI lead etc
  4. Time the issue was seen to the closest hour
  • If possible, upload a video of the blue screen appearing with your reply

Thanks

Simon 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Simon-J 

Simon - I will give the information you're asking for separately but please note the following:

- All users experiencing this problem seem to have the original black box.

- It doesn't matter what time of day it is, the intermittent blue screen always happens whenever you watch the affected programmes, and all episodes of them.

- The blue screen appears exactly once each minute.

-This only started happening to all of us after the latest update when the home screen changed.