cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

blue screen intermittently during a program

In the past few days we have been watching the last Perry Mason and during the program, for a split second, the screen went blue, the sound continued and then the program carried on. This has also occurred during the second episode of the Prodical Son, not the first.

Any idea's out there?

108 REPLIES 108
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks, seemed to resolve the issue for me

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Izzie-T ,

thanks for the reply, but has been said, this response really is not that helpful. If the tv boxes are end of life products, this is the first I have heard of it. Even were that the case, I think nowtv have a responsibility to customers who bought these boxes and continue to pay for services, correct me if I am wrong?

Also: a) it is very difficult to contact customer services, where exactly can this be done? I keep being re-directed to the forums; and b) live chat is not working.  So how can we raise this issue so it can be fixed?

So... we have raised an issue which is obviously caused by a software update and is effecting numerous people with tv boxes, but have no way of remedying it. How can we get in touch with customer service so it can be rectified? Should this issue persist, I'll just have to cancel all my passes as I am not getting the service I paid for.

RoyB
Legend

@Izzie-T 

You said:-

I would strongly suggest to contact customer service for the device issue, as all the NOW TV is end of life product. 

Would somebody from the product side please like to clarify this?

Even the Sticks are EOL?

NOWTV itself is EOL?

Or is this just the Black box, and you know something we don’t?

But why update it, if it’s going?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ever feel like your going in circles or banging head against a wall software upgrade problems roll back software to get rid of blue screen flash and awful menu 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It seems we have exactly the same intermittent blue screen. We use the NowTV black box. 

so is the resolution we give up our subscription and go to a different service provider. The nominated NowTV ‘expert’ seems to have no answers or proper recommendations. 

Izzie-T
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

hi @RoyB @Anonymous User @Anonymous User @Anonymous User @Anonymous User 

Thank you for all your message. 

I am really trying to get help for this issue, we would really appreciate it that if it is possible you can please to provide the below information to assist this investigation:

• Content being watched (Film name or episode season/ep number)
  • Date and approximate time the issue was seen to the nearest hour.
  • Exact device type being used (Stick, Black box, Smart box, 4k box)
  • Serial number of the device

Thank you very much for any of your help.

*Please note that I am only able to look into on content related queries, any account, offer, etc related, please contact our customer team or live chat for help. Thank you.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

We've been watching Chicago PD on catch-up nightly Mon - Fri between 9pm to 10pm and the blue screen has flashed up every 5 mins or so for a second.

Then on Saturday I was trying to watch the Italian F1 Grand Prix qualifying live on Sky One and the screen went blue permanently. I switched channels and the screen came back, but went blue pemanently again after a couple of seconds.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sorry, missed off that our problem is when using a black box (sn: 325581103481).

Saint1976
Elite 3

Daft question but has anyone recorded the problem on a mobile device and emailed it to customer services?

I only ask because I have 6 devices that don't have the problem and if NowTV developers are in the same boat as me (or can't replicate the problem) they won't know what they're looking for.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have recorded it but can't figure out how to upload it 🤷‍♀️