cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

blue screen intermittently during a program

In the past few days we have been watching the last Perry Mason and during the program, for a split second, the screen went blue, the sound continued and then the program carried on. This has also occurred during the second episode of the Prodical Son, not the first.

Any idea's out there?

108 REPLIES 108
Izzie-T
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

Hi @Anonymous User 

In order for us to look into it, Can you please let us know a few things about this blue screen, please?

- if any basic troubleshooting done, please? eg, uninstall app, unplug device and reinstall and reconnect, etc.

- what device was used while this happened, please?

- which Season and Ep of Perry Mason & Prodical Son that you saw the blue screen, please?

- if you have the rough content timing when this happened, please?

Thank you.

*Please note that I am only able to look into on content related queries, any account, offer, etc related, please contact our customer team or live chat for help. Thank you.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi

The device used was a Panasonic smart TV. However, I haven’t performed any resets etc. As during the Prodical Son there wasn’t a problem.

The first occurrence was during episode 8 of Perry Mason when happened regularly throughout the program. The frequency of the blue screen was probably every 5 mins.

I then watched episode 1 of the Prodical Son without any issues on the same night. However, the episode 2 Watched a day later had similar issues as Perry Mason, but not as frequent.

Regards

John
Izzie-T
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

Hi @Anonymous User 

I would strongly recommend you to do the troubleshooting 1st.

If this is TV app from the smart TV, please clear all history and cache of the TV, uninstall and reinstall the app. then retry

If this is a smart stick, unplug and replug the stick from electricity, please still clear all history and cache of the TV. then retry

I will see on my side on the 1st level of content check about these eps for you.

Thank you.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi

its not a TV app and not a smart stick but a Smart Box. So does this need clearing down, if so how?

regards
Izzie-T
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

Hi @Anonymous User 

For the Smart box troubleshooting should work the same as stick to unconnect electricity fully and reconnect back, please?

Also do you know your Smart box model, please?

Thank you.

*Please note that I am only able to look into on content related queries, any account, offer, etc related, please contact our customer team or live chat for help. Thank you.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
There is no model no. On the box, just a serial no.

Regards
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Having exactly the same problem with getting a blue screen for a split second appear whilst watching movies or entertainment programs every 10-15mins, this started in the last couple of days since NowTV put the new program menu on

I am using a standard NowTV box, when using an app on the NowTV box the split second blue screen does not appear

I have unplugged everything and it still keeps occurring, whatever NowTV changed when implementing their new Menu (which I hate incidentally giving navigation now takes much longer and you can no longer see how many episodes any program has plus there was nothing wrong with the old one) must have caused this blue screen pain

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Having read your response, thinking about it it has happened since the new menu was implemented. And I agree the new Menu format is awful.
Izzie-T
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

Hi All,

I will try and see what I can do as we are having difficulty in verifying this issue at present.

By your message, I would believe this only happens to NOW TV box for now.

Thank you.