cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Saint1976
Elite 2

Re: Zack Snyder's Justice league runtime wrong

@Kelseythompson @Saabi this may be a long shot but make sure that any app you are using is up to date. 

Could be a coincidence but NowTV has rebranded in the last 48 hours and I had to do an update to the new look app on start up.

0 Thanks
Saabi
Mentor

@Saint1976 

Don't think that is the case. I just became a member today to watch the movie and downloaded the software a few hours ago. So, it has to be the latest.

Problem has gone away. I had that error a couple of times then I restarted my PC and it is working thankfully.

Yeah see it’s all update as it does it automatically 

Right this needs to be sorted right now as I’m not happy that you’ve let me buy the cinema package and not given me access to it and now trying to say check to see if it’s update when it’s clearly and issue with your service fix it or I’m leaving this service as I’m not happy I’ve tried calling customer service but what a surprise you don’t take customer calls it’s a joke 

0 Thanks
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Kelseythompson 

Firstly, this is a customer forum, so all you are doing is "moaning" towards other customers like you and me. 

Secondly, there is NO customer number for TV membership. The contact number is for Broadband ONLY. 

If you are still having issues, have you tried to 

1. Delete and reinstall the app?

2. Unplug your router for a few minutes?

You are more than welcome to jump onto live chat and speak directly with NOW staff. Just make sure you click "chat online".

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-complaint

Izzie-T
NOW TV Team
NOW TV Team

HI @gavs82008  & all,

It is exactly @Saabi explained 

The HD version is a different frame rate from the others – 25 vs 23.98. Over a duration of nearly 4 hours, that difference will be around 10 minutes, it is correct.

@Kelseythompson  for device issue, it is always easier to get help through Help Live Chat with the trained agent teams as said by @gavs82008  

Thank you for all your message and comment. 

please confirm if you have done the basic troubleshoot for unplug device/uninstall app, clear all history on device, smart TV & app. 

*Please note that I am only able to look into on content related queries, any account, offer, etc related, please contact our customer team or live chat for help. Thank you.

danjamesmay
Advocate

I am confused as to why this is acceptable in 2021.

UK being locked to 25fps is a thing of the past. All modern UK TVs support playback at 24fps.

Netflix and Amazon Video support playback at 24fps, or at the correct (recorded) frame rate for all their content. It’s been that way for years.

While the blog post linked does have some good technical points around converting frame rates, it gives no clear examples of any real content that has been tested. Furthermore, frame rate conversions should not be necessary anymore for the reasons I stated above.

I hope NowTV can support streaming content at its original frame rate in the future.

0 Thanks
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@danjamesmay 

It’s out of NOWs hand, it was the format that Sky were given.

This article explains that nothing was “left out” as you put it.

https://screenrant.com/justice-league-snyder-cut-uk-runtime-shorter-reason/amp/

Saint1976
Elite 2

@danjamesmay 

"UK being locked to 25fps is a thing of the past."

Generally it's only films that are recorded at 24fps. TV and live broadcasts are 25fps across half the world so not really a thing of the past when 90% of the content the average person sees is 25fps.

"All modern UK TVs support playback at 24fps."

Not true unfortunately. Some do, some do with enhanced software, some do but badly causing judder and some simply don't.

https://www.rtings.com/tv/tests/motion/24p

It doesn't matter that Netflix content is 24fps, it's the device you watch Netflix on that determines what you see. Unless your TV is 120hz, or using a device that matches native frame rates, then it's doing 3:2 pull down and you aren't watching the originally intended recording.

https://www.avforums.com/threads/netflix-at-24fps.2246883/

Until every recording of film and TV in every country, every live broadcast and every playback device is the same, there will always be a need for conversion, either at source, broadcast or playback.

danjamesmay
Advocate

Interesting points.

I think most people would agree that they would like the presentation to be the same frame rate as the source. Then it’s up to you, the consumer, if you get a TV that can display the source in ‘judderless’ manner. Otherwise, lots of people who have TVs capable of displaying native 24hz, 25hz, 30hz are being inflicted with pull down or speed changes...

0 Thanks