cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Zack Snyder's Justice league runtime wrong

Good morning All.

Very excited today to finally see the Snyder cut of Justice league, for which I just became a member today.

Started playing the movie and noticed the runtime was wrong. The run time of the movie is just over 4 hours as confirmed by Zack Snyder himself in numerous interviews. It also says on IMDB, that this is a 4 hour and 2 minutes long movie. For some reason, the runtime shown when you open it no Now Tv is 3 hour and 52 minutes. 

Wondering why it is 10 minutes short?

Best regards,

Saabi

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Saint1976
Elite 3

@Anonymous User @gavs82008 it will be because the movie was shot on stock film at 24fps but will playback on UK TV at 25fps.

This article explains the process and changes in run times etc

https://medium.com/@Jamiesgt/how-us-tv-is-broadcast-in-the-uk-75849920806a

View solution in original post

20 REPLIES 20
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

I too had noticed this, @Izzie-T are you able to confirm the length of the Synder Cut for @Anonymous User ?

According to IMDB its 4 hours and 2 minutes, whereas on NOW it's advertised as 3 hours 52 minutes.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Saint1976
Elite 3

@Anonymous User @gavs82008 it will be because the movie was shot on stock film at 24fps but will playback on UK TV at 25fps.

This article explains the process and changes in run times etc

https://medium.com/@Jamiesgt/how-us-tv-is-broadcast-in-the-uk-75849920806a

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Saint1976 

Wow, thanks for that. I would have never been able to figure that out.

Did some quick math and it plays out perfect

242 minutes: 242 x 60 seconds = 14520 seconds

14520 secs: 14520 x 24 = 348,480 frames

If we divide the total frames by 25 it will give us UK TV runtime

348,480 / 25 = 13939 Seconds

13939/60 = 232.32 minutes. 

Just thought I'd help someone who is as curious as me. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

so I’ve brought the cinema membership just to watch this film and it’s the only bloody thing not working 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User 

What error are you getting?

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

What device are you using to watch it? 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Well I’ve tried it on multiply devices with the same result and the error code CVF:-1008-16847 that’s what’s coming up 

Saint1976
Elite 3

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User this may be a long shot but make sure that any app you are using is up to date. 

Could be a coincidence but NowTV has rebranded in the last 48 hours and I had to do an update to the new look app on start up.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Saint1976 

Don't think that is the case. I just became a member today to watch the movie and downloaded the software a few hours ago. So, it has to be the latest.

Problem has gone away. I had that error a couple of times then I restarted my PC and it is working thankfully.