cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Younger

Hi there when will you be getting the other seasons of Younger. Currently there is only season 1.

35 REPLIES 35
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have just finished season 5. When will season 6 of younger be available in the UK?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes! The season 5 finale was missing 10 minutes of footage including the big plot twist. And season 6 episode 1 was clearly missing scenes too. If you find another website that shows complete episodes I’d love to know so I can cancel my subscription here. 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Izzie-T  are you able to help with the episode issue for @Anonymous User ?

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Izzie-T
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

Hi @gavs82008 & All,

The same question was with Twitter too. We have been waiting for provider's reply.

Viacom confirm that these assets delivered to Sky are shorter versions edited for UK broadcast.

So the shorter version for NOW is correct.

Thank you.

*Please note that I am only able to look into on content related queries, any account, offer, etc related, please contact our customer team or live chat for help. Thank you.

ukbobboy
Legend

@Izzie-T  @gavs82008  @Anonymous User 

You know fellas

Something is terribly wrong if Viacom thinks it's OK to deliver butchered episodes to the UK and say "that's your lot UK, take it or leave it". 

It seems to me they've cut the heart out of the season 5 finale and chopped up S06E01, someone should lodge a complaint.

UK Bob

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Based on the answer from @Izzie-T  I would strongly suggest sending a complaint to Comedy Central UK.

All other channels that have UK Comedy Cental will contain the same edited version.

See screenshot for email to complain to.

9DBCD056-360F-460D-A30E-4DDF40DCCA93.png

ukbobboy
Legend

@gavs82008  @Anonymous User  @Izzie-T 

TBH Gavs

I don't think Emer's lone voice of complaint will make the blindest bit of difference to Comedy Central, I think that if the UK channels that leased these butchered Younger episodes got together and demanded that the supplier give them what they paid for, i.e.  the full episodes as seen in the US, then something would definitely happen.

I'm sure that NOW, et al, feel ripped off, just as anyone of us would if we bought the Blu-ray/DVD and found that main parts of crucial episodes had been deliberately edited out.  I, for one, would want my money back.

So, I believe it's time for the Big Boys to step up and stop this nonsense of the US getting the full versions of episodes while the UK get only the skimmed out flavourless  versions that nobody wants.

UK Bob

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@ukbobboy 

To be honest I have to agree you mate.

There was a similar “issue” with Catfish where the UK never got the last episode in the season due to it breaching some time rules. Whereas the episode was available on Hulu! 

MTV also a ViacomCBS owned channel making me feel ripped off for just being in the UK.

RMM71
Scholar 2

It will be Comedy Central editing the originals to fit in with their broadcast schedule, so as the current UK rights holder they are who you should complain to.

ukbobboy
Legend

@gavs82008  @Anonymous User  @Izzie-T  @Anonymous User  @RMM71 

Hey Guys

Does anyone know or have examples of the type of scenes that are so egregious that delicate UK eyes  have to be protected from them?

Whereas US Eyes need no such protection.

UK Bob