cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
huxley123
Scholar 2

YouTube age restricted content blocked?

Since the last NOW TV update there seems to be a problem viewing YouTube age restricted content on the YouTube app.

When trying to view something restricted it flashes up a warning but when you accept the warning it says there is a problem and won't show the content.

I was going to trying signing out & back in the app but it looks like that completely removes the app from the box.

Anyone else having this problem?

4 REPLIES 4
Saint1976
Elite 3

I've just checked on a nowtv black box and it worked fine. I received a message saying 'viewer discretion advised', clicked on 'I wish to proceed' then 'confirm' and the video played.

Could it be that the particular video you're attempting to watch is geo blocked?

huxley123
Scholar 2

Did some googling and it looks like my Date of Birth is missing from my Google account but I can't see any way to add it.

Saint1976
Elite 3

https://myaccount.google.com

Click on 'personal info' and then 'add birthday'

Although I've never set my DOB and with content restrictions turned off in YouTube settings, I've always been able to watch restricted videos.

huxley123
Scholar 2

So was I until yesterday's NOW TV box update.

It looks like the NOW box creates some sort of sub-account for YouTube.

My main Google account has my DOB but the sub-account doesn't have the facility to add it.

I tried to sign the YouTube app out and sign back in using my main account but it just goes back to the sub-account.

I'll wait to see what happens when others try to use the YouTube app. with the NOW update and see it they have the same problem. The box updated quite late last night.