cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Why have Now not continued many series after short xmas break?

These series have continued but UK Now TV has halted them at episode 8/9 e.g. Crim9nal Minds series 14, Arrow, Blindspot, Seal Team... Many more.

Plenty of reality & comedy, just not my interests, not much drama on Now these days unless old series or US formula stuff and now this has stopped.

Why are they stopping these now when pre mid December they were in sync with US release.

Is the only answer to cancel and wait until they restart or add new drama?

2 REPLIES 2
Lindzi
Elite 2

Hi @Anonymous User

I do not know about the others but Criminal Minds was on a mid season break and returns to Sky Witness on 11 February, so each episode will be on catchup after broadcast

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User

Just to add a bit more to what @Lindzi mentioned....... Criminal Minds back on 11th February, Blindspot also back on 11th February and just to mention, The Walking Dead back on 11th February...... IF you watch all these shows, what a night!!!!!!  Seal Team back on 5th March.

I like to keep an eye on this website for news on shows:

https://www.geektown.co.uk/uk-air-dates/

This site usually gives good info' on air dates.

What I tend to find with many of these US shows..... the episodes shown in the US before Christmas tend to run every week (without many breaks) up until their usual extended Christmas break and this is why the UK broadcasters can follow closely behind.  HOWEVER, once they come back from their break in the New Year the US broadcasters then seem to employ multiple breaks within the remaining run of a show, this then becomes a problem for UK broadcasters who don't like these multiple breaks..... they would rather hold on for a while and show the episodes on a weekly basis.  So even though we might wonder why the UK is following behind the US for a particular show, we will probably eventually catch-up once we filter out all the weekly breaks??