cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Enapace
Expert 2

Re: Why does Now TV charge for Full HD?

@AlexB83 

True enough I was helping my Grandmother get a new TV only couple of weeks back and was surprised not all TVs do 1080p as a minimum I would of thought that would of happened a long while ago. 

0 Thanks
Chelseamaniac
Advocate

Just canceled because of this. Without the boost, you do not get HD or 5.1 the is 2020 I would rather spend my money on Netflicks. Even on Sky tv, they think it is right to rip off customers with a £5.99 extra charge for HD. It is just a shame I am not in a virgin cable area as Sky would also be got rid of. Sky are not happy until they steal your last penny off you greedy company. Even their news channel is a joke with 10 minutes of Anti-Brexit Anti-Trump Pro-BLM full-on rhetoric every 30 minutes. They should show some impartiality

GibbsSeffAshby
Scholar

It is the most expensive but has the worst smarttv streaming app in terms of quality and reliability. The content is fairly dull with only the occasional quality programmes worthy of just 1 month rental. Cinema is ridiculously priced at 11.99 pm for standard res. Netflix and Amazon offer miles better value for money.

GibbsSeffAshby
Scholar

Exclusive doesn't necessarily mean good. Very overpriced, Sky just offer as little as they can get away with.

GibbsSeffAshby
Scholar

Absolutely. I'm a ex subscriber and would never go back. NowTV is sub par when it comes to quality and that does not entice me to sign a contract with them.

Nickc68561
Advocate

It’s a bit of a joke really, as others have said, best to just use the other streaming services. I only ever use nowtv for the occasional football match, I don’t bother with 1080p as even that feels poor on a modern TV and I’m not going t pay an extra £3 for something that *worse* than all the other services default.

0 Thanks
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Nickc68561 

Netlfix also charge £3 for HD. It’s clearly indicated on their price plans. So it’s not “standard” across all services.

https://help.netflix.com/en/node/24926

6FA7BC5D-9A79-48D6-9AD0-1E75897F314B.png

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
0 Thanks
starman73
Expert 3

It is just a shame I am not in a virgin cable area as Sky would also be got rid of.

Virgin charge an extra £7 for Sky Sports HD, so monthly cost is nearly £39.

0 Thanks