cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Who gives a film it's star rating?

Just watch Basmati Blues, today premier which NOWTV have given a 4.5 star rating.

Who rates this needs sacking.

It's a terrible film loading with racial stereotypes, poorly acted and dire songs.

4.5 stars it isn't!!!
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I was wondering how the lord of the rings, return of the king was only given a 4.5 star rating when the fellowship and two towers were given 5 star ratings, return of the king won 11 Oscars and had the best critics reviews of the 3 films?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Are you sure that you’re still using Rotten Tomatoes? The Silencing which has 5 stars on Now TV has only 17% on RT website?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Agree the ratings are pretty useless on NowTV (although still not as bad as Amazon Prime!), the descriptions are too short and often waste most of text telling us what previous films the actors have been in and little about what THIS film is actually about. 

Last night i watched one with a 4.5 rating and it was 'make a movie for the sake of it' garbage, (cant even remember its name it was that interesting).

I just watched "The Switch" rated 2.5 and it was actually really good and actually had a story, (not my usual genre at all and wouldnt have selected it normally but my dinner was ready and couldnt be bothered to search).

Why cant your customer base rate the movies, surely more relevant than the current system which is pretty hopeless (and review the movies descriptions, so they prioritise WHAT THE FILM IS ABOUT). 

I think im going to start searching for all the 2 star rated films based on this.