cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Where the hell is Billions Season 5?

Billions the best thing on TV. Been waiting and waiting for the new season, seen everyone in the US get all excited about it, but over her in the UK - nothing. Can someone at NOWTV reassure me that Season 5 is happening over here !

rob

6 REPLIES 6
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Over on NowTV Twitter & Sky Twitter they are telling customers Season 5 is due very soon but won't commit to an actual date yet.

A couple of websites on the internet that i usually check for TV shows coming to NowTV are saying provisionally May 2020 date TBC.

So it looks like it's coming to Sky Atlantic in the UK anytime soon now.

Screenshot_2020-05-10-17-46-29.png

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes, I agree – I can't wait any longer! Might as well cancel my subscription if it's not here in the next days!

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Over on the Geektown website they have now changed from saying Billions S5 May 2020 date TBC to the Autumn 2020 date TBC.

Both Sky and NowTV have been getting loads of tweets from customers about Billions S5 and they seem to be dodging the question or maybe they haven't got the rights in place at the moment to give a date out or they are saving this season for a later date in the Sky schedule because new quality TV shows might be thin on the ground with COVID-19 and Sky needs something for the coming months.  

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hey Folks, 

Production was halted on season 5 due to covid 19. In the US, showtime are showing 7 episodes then it will go into a break with he final 5 being shown when production has finished. 

I suspect Sky want to wait until they can show the entire season in one go. Personally I'll wait because I find mid season breaks frustrating. Plus, I had plenty of stuff on the watch list to keep me occupied. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you @Anonymous User - most helpful.  Why can't NOWTV just keep their subscribers updated?  On Netflix, they do post some information about upcoming releases.  I would rather NOWTV just state "we don't know yet", rather than radio silence.  If you do a search, you only see what is available - surely they can show a holder for the new season with a TBC date?

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@schnapps @Anonymous User 

This is very frustrating as it one of the few shows I use Now TV to watch. However I am not surprised with the delay because how badly Blacklist, FBI and plenty of other shows have been treated by Sky. 

Personally I find it more surprising considering is on Sky Atlantic and I thought that the channel was used to pick up shows much quicker than other channels?

Thankfully I have got a VPN and have found myself using it to watch on Netflix region Argentina which is a day after the States. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help