cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sdstreamrrr
Mentor

Re: When will you be transmitting in HD?

Last year NOWTV streamed my week and day passes in better quality than BT sport. Now the BT stream is better, is it because I bought a ten month sports pass?NOWTV picture quality is poor, not as sharp as BT and the motion is jerkier.

Whats going on? Is there anyway to contact them by phone?

0 Thanks

It's because BT now stream at 1080p/50fps whereas NowTV is a poor 720p/25fps. Nothing you can do about that I'm afraid.

sdstreamrrr
Mentor

Hi Robert thanks for replying , last season I had no problems watching nowtv premier league matches. No blurry picture the action flowed seamlessly all of the picture as clear. This year it is not, I have also got a better broadband speed this season. Last season 14mb, this season 30mb+, is there anything I can do to improve the way that I cast to the TV? It's the same tv as I used last year.

0 Thanks

If you haven't changed anything (bar the broadband speed) since last season then it's almost certainly down to NowTV output rather than anything at your end of things. If that's the case then unfortunately there's nothing you can change to improve it 😐

Biddy
Advocate

Its really poor that NowTV havent upgraded the app on Youview. I recently resubscribed and couldnt remember why I cancelled last time a few years ago. Oh yes, it was the terrible quality - its like every film was recorded on a potato.

NowTV will be left behind by the likes of Netflix and BT on youview. People will wonder what's the point of paying top whack to NowTV when they cant be bothered to invest in their youview subscribers.  You will lose me as a subscriber if you don't start streaming in HD.

sdstreamrrr
Mentor

My TV set has you view built in, can I get NOWTV on it (rhetorical question, I know the answer)? No, so streaming all from Tablet and smartphone. Working a little better than at first use.

0 Thanks
RoyB Legend 5
Legend 5

You can’t get Movies, even?

If my posting answered your question, please click ‘Accept Answer’
If you liked my posting, please click ‘Thanks’.
If you disagree with my posting, say so below, and I will see if I need to mend my ways 🙂
0 Thanks
sdstreamrrr
Mentor

Hi I only have sports subscription.
0 Thanks
UKTVPlayapp
Expert

Any news when now tv boost pass will launch with 1080p picture quality and 5,1 surround sound.

0 Thanks
gavs82008
Expert 3

@UKTVPlayapp 

If there has been any official announcement then I’m sure everyone will know. 
We are like you and still in the dark when this important update is coming.