cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

When will you be transmitting in HD?

Hi guys

Was wondering when you will start transmitting in HD?  Did ask a few years ago was hoping that by now shows would be available in HD...

Thanks in advance

Kriss 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum. Great to see another sci-fi fan around! NOW TV stream in 720p HD on most devices now,  but there's no news on if or when this will be upped to 1080p HD. However streaming on my devices on the big screen, the quality is pretty good.

More details here

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-is-highest-streaming-quality-for-my-device

View solution in original post

121 REPLIES 121
Anonymous User
Not applicable

A bit strange comparing an SD broadcast to a HD one. Even Sky Sports at 720p should blow SD away.

So has the frame rate been upped to 50fps? If it's still 25fps it won't be worth changing from 720p to 1080p.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

A bit strange comparing an SD broadcast to a HD one. Even Sky Sports at 720p should blow SD away.

So has the frame rate been upped to 50fps? If it's still 25fps it won't be worth changing from 720p to 1080p.

You're right, I only compared them because these are the two channels I routinely go back and forth with so I'm very aware of the difference in quality, and it seemed much bigger today than previously. 

Can't comment on the frame rate. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

What about the App on the Roku stick has that also been updated?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

NOW tv app has a bug on now tv smart boxes. When you go to a channel and five minutes if you want change to channel is say oops not anuff data to changes channels and does not aloud you to change it. The app needs another update to fix this.

Now Tv Smart box with freeview has any one else having problems with now tv app.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Any further news on when NOW TV will be broadcasting in 1080p or at least at a frame rate where watching sports is as smooth and fluid as BT Sport and BBC IPlayer offerings online ?

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

Still no update, nothing at all from the Now Tv crew even though they do look through the forums. 

Even if they turned round and said sometime in summer that would be a start. 

Personally I can see it happening when Now Tv becomes fully available on BT boxes. 

Its not just 1080p they need to introduce, its 5.1 surround sound, catch up for sports, red button functionality. Oh and stopping the unskipple adverts/trailers before catch up, this is seriously making me reconsider my subscription.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

What is REALLY needed is upping the frame rate to 50fps. If they go FULL HD but keep the frame rate at 25fps it's not going to make a big load of difference to overall quality, especially on sports coverage.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

This is one thing BT already has defeated Sky with the launch of the BT Sport app on certain devices. 

The link from BT themselves show that the frame rate is 50fps

https://sport.bt.com/news/watch-bt-sport-on-xbox-samsung-tv-and-apple-tv-with-new-large-screen-app-S...

Having already used the app a few times I can safely say it is night and day difference from Now TV!

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Last year NOWTV streamed my week and day passes in better quality than BT sport. Now the BT stream is better, is it because I bought a ten month sports pass?NOWTV picture quality is poor, not as sharp as BT and the motion is jerkier.

Whats going on? Is there anyway to contact them by phone?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It's because BT now stream at 1080p/50fps whereas NowTV is a poor 720p/25fps. Nothing you can do about that I'm afraid.