cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

When will you be transmitting in HD?

Hi guys

Was wondering when you will start transmitting in HD?  Did ask a few years ago was hoping that by now shows would be available in HD...

Thanks in advance

Kriss 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum. Great to see another sci-fi fan around! NOW TV stream in 720p HD on most devices now,  but there's no news on if or when this will be upped to 1080p HD. However streaming on my devices on the big screen, the quality is pretty good.

More details here

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-is-highest-streaming-quality-for-my-device

View solution in original post

121 REPLIES 121
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

Now TV not on Nvidia Shield?

Side load Aptoide, and install from there maybe.

Wouldn’t work, now tv app won’t work on a device with hdmi output.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

@Anonymous User

Thanks for the update. Looking better for you in the picture stakes. I'd agree with you 'upgrading' to the stick for your main telly. I do believe the better the device (or newer, does that equal better, I suppose it should) the better the results should be when viewing sport. Let us know how it goes for you if/when you purchase a stick Smiley Happy

As for 1080p, I'd gladly settle for 720p at 50fps as a compromise.

@Anonymous User

If I get the Stick with my downstairs Panasonic TV, it will be interesting to compare with my upstairs Samsung TV that already has the Stick attached....... just what influence is the TV make having on my percieved picture quality??

I'm aiming high with 1080 and 50fps, but 720 and 50fps would probably be more than ideal for me as my TVs are not the biggest screens going.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

@Anonymous User

Thanks for the update. Looking better for you in the picture stakes. I'd agree with you 'upgrading' to the stick for your main telly. I do believe the better the device (or newer, does that equal better, I suppose it should) the better the results should be when viewing sport. Let us know how it goes for you if/when you purchase a stick Smiley Happy

As for 1080p, I'd gladly settle for 720p at 50fps as a compromise.

@Anonymous User

Well, I've bought that new Now TV Stick to go with my main living room based Panasonic TV...... perfect timing as just about everywhere is selling the £19.99 Stick & Pass Packages at £14.99, Argos, Currys, John Lewis, Supermarkets, they are all doing it!!!!!!!

Testing my new Stick / Panasonic TV combo with Sky Sports News channel (will probably get a better test next time I get a proper Sports Pass), fast action does seem better than when I had the old black Now TV box attached....... although it's not quite as sharp as the Stick / Samsung TV combo I have upstairs??  You mentioned in another Post with your Panasonic TV and altering something called IFC... I think I'll investigate further what that is and if altering that on my Panasonic set gives me better results.

Overall, the Sticks are certainly giving me better picture quality for fast sports compared to my old black boxes, but they do still need that final touch of 50fps to be ultimately satisfied with the quality.  You've got to think it can't be too much longer until Now TV announce more about these quality improvements they are bringing...... the sooner the better.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Things definitely looking up @Anonymous User

IFC is Intelligent Frame Creation, look for it in your Picture settings. I've mine set to MID

http://eng.faq.panasonic.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/37675/~/what-is-intelligent-frame-creation%3F

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User

Thanks for that link...... I'll need to see if such a thing exists on my set.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Any news when 1080p full hd is coming to now tv smart boxes and black boxes.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Any news when now tv pass will upscale to full had 1080p.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I was meaning full hd. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I don't think anyone knows. It is really frustrating as I watch now TV and like many others have said that due to the framerate, the football (sole reason for having it) is a pretty horrible experience. It is annoying when compared to BT's offering which is very much better.

Why is this topic marked 'Solved' anyway? The initial question asks when HD will come to Now TV and it is NOT solved as we don't know!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I won't be subscribing again after my football season pass finishes. Now TV in gerneral is a big let down compared to Netflix, BT sports etc.

I am fed up with the sports buffering all the time and getting random blotchy graphics popping up. It's not much better than SD quality. I regret getting a season pass now and very rarely turn it on now.