cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Wheeler dealers dream car New series Can’t watch rights restrictions again !!

I”m getting sick of this now, Now tv are happy to take the money, but can’t even show new tv programmes, I was looking forward to watching  this new series of wheeler dealers, there is a post that was supposed to be updated daily/ weekly with unavailable programmes, but I just isn’t updated at all. This is ridiculous, I beginning to think now tv is a waste of time

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User @Anonymous User 

Looks like NowTV haven't got the live streaming rights to this TV show according to this.

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Content-Issues-Missing-Episodes/Entertainment-Kids-and-Sport-Unavailable-content-on-live/m-p/516252#M14215 

Though i would except (might be wrong) that the episode in question will be added to the NowTV catchup service within 24 hours (well it has in the past on a few Discovery TV shows where NowTV didn't have the live broadcasting licence rights).

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just watched an old wheeler dealer on Discovery, then get ready to watch Wheeler Dealer Dream Cars, and all I get is a message saying restrictions prevent the show playing!!! What a joke

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User @Anonymous User 

Looks like NowTV haven't got the live streaming rights to this TV show according to this.

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Content-Issues-Missing-Episodes/Entertainment-Kids-and-Sport-Unavailable-content-on-live/m-p/516252#M14215 

Though i would except (might be wrong) that the episode in question will be added to the NowTV catchup service within 24 hours (well it has in the past on a few Discovery TV shows where NowTV didn't have the live broadcasting licence rights).

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for the info,this is ridiculous sky are just trying to sicken people into taking up their ridicoulous sub service

the update thread is unreliable, I was trying to view another programme last week but couldn’t & the update thread hadn’t been updated

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User @schnapps 

Until I spotted this Thread this morning I hadn't realised there was an issue with watching this new show 'live' on the Discovery Channel......... I can confirm that the Catch-up episodes are there for it and you can get it that way (if you haven't spotted them already??), because that's how I've been watching it.  I do usually watch most of my new shows on catch-up rather than live, but I did almost sit down to watch last nights episode live.....little did I know!!!!!!

It seems that the episodes should be on catch-up from 10pm, so if we can't get them live, we can get them just after.... and without the ads.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User @schnapps @Anonymous User 

Sorry to "######" in on the conversation, not really one for following the show. To put in my thoughts, are the latest episodes available to watch on the Discovery channel add on via Amazon prime?

If you have Amazon prime you could sign up to the Discovery add on (assuming the episodes are readily there to watch)

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@gavs82008 

A Discovery Add-on on Amazon Prime????? never even knew such a thing existed and as you can tell I'm not a goer with Prime Video........ Now TVs enough for me!!!!!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

No catch up on now tv