cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Westworld Season 2 Episode 3. No sound

NOW via ROKU dongle & NOW remote handset.

No sound during the whole episode. Back-tracked to E2 and forwarded to E4,  both had sound, puzzled?.  Decided to watch sections of the episode with subtitles to try and retain the storyline continuity.

Has anyone had the same problem? and if so, how did you overcome it?.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

See reply to your personal email message

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

What happens if you try a different playback device, does the same thing happen ?

Give me 10 minutes and I will try the episode in question on my Roku Stick to see if I am getting sound.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

No sound for me also 😡.

I will tag @Izzie-T and @ContentTeam to investigate and fix.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks schnapps for your prompt reply and for your follow-up investigation. I am moving on to E4,5,& 6 this evening so no rush for a resolution other that, if successful, will not occur for future enthusiasts.

Izzie-T
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

Hi @Anonymous User @schnapps 

You are both using the NOW stick and showing this issue. And if this happens to any other devices, please?

Westworld Season 2 Episode 3.

So I can get the team check out all the possible devices together.

Thank you.

Looping in @ContentTeam 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

See my 2 posts of 04-07-2022.

The earlier post referred to an email submitted reply...did you receive it?   If not I was explaining that due to health issues and being a carer for my wife I would be unable to put in the effort to carryout all the tasks you requested.

My second reply relates to my dongle being transferred from my principal TV, a Philips 55OLED 935/12 with audio via a Marantz NR1711 AV Receiver  (Which I neglected to mention in my OP. sorry! 0),  to a Sony 32WD75 on which the audio of S2E3 did in fact play without any dongle reset etc.

I am now progressing through Season 3  on the Sony TV without any problems to date.

I hope this helps.

Izzie-T
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

Hi @Anonymous User 

I have tested the ep, but the sound is playing ok.

Can I please confirm the below:

• If basic troubleshooting is done-(for unplug device/uninstall app, clear all history on device, smart TV & app. ) and reselect the content through channel path again, not from watchlist or continue to watch.
• Content name: Westworld
• Season 2 and Ep 3
• OnDemand
• If possible also timing of the problem happens in Ep
• Device types
• If stick or TV, also the TV model and brand
• Area: UK or ROI
• Image or video of problem if possible

Thank you Loop in @ContentTeam 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

See reply to your personal email message

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Supplementary Information:

My Now dongle (Stick) has been transferred to my second TV do I can continue watching Westworld whilst my better half watches Wimbledon.

Prior to moving the dongle from my Philips OLED, S2E3 still played without Audio earlier on today.. However with the dongle connected to my Sony TV, the Audo did resume OK.

I am now progressing through S2 from E7 onwards and so far had no further audio problems.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Izzie-T 

The sound is fixed for me also on my NOW box and Roku Stick Plus.

Looking at this tweet from NOW Twitter there seemed to be an issue with sound on this particular episode which your Tech Team has acknowledged and fixed.

Thanks.

youdoodle-2022-07-05T19-30-43Z.jpg