cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Watching HD films

I've just rented Secret Life of Pets 2 for my grandson.  My son is having problems playing the film. When I've tried to find what might be the problem I can see after the film's title it has the HD symbol. If my son's TV is not HD compatible does that mean the film won't play? Or the problem could be unrelated.

4 REPLIES 4
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Nothing plays in (full) HD 1080p on NowTV - everything plays in HD Ready 720p.

If your TV can’t play that, then it won’t play anything.

But are you sure you are in the right place? NowTV doesn’t rent film by film, you buy a month’s access at a time.

And NowTV hasn’t got SLoP 2; I think you rented it from Sky Store, which is an App on NowTV Sticks, but quite separate from NowTV.

And what device has your son got to watch it on? Does it have the Sky Store app installed on it? 

Or have you slipped him a NowTV Stick, or what? And given your son your account details so he can share your account and this movie you have rented with it?

In which case, better set a Payment PIN on the account, unless you are happy for him or your grandson to buy extra services, deliberately or accidentally, from NowTV.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks, until I speak to my son properly tomorrow I don't know what problem he's having re playback of the film,  you are right it was rented from Sky Store, we both have the same black Now TV box with the Sky Store app, haven't got a clue what SLoP 2 is? I think I need to know exactly what problem he's having and then come back on here,  I just thought I'd ask about the HD thing in case that might have been it, as when I looked at the film details it did mention something about HD compatible devices and I think his TV might not be. 

Mark_Weinreb
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User SLoP2 = Secret Life of Pets 2. @RoyB was just saving a few keystrokes.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you! If I wasn't so tired yesterday I (hopefully) would have realised that!

All sorted now and grandson happily watching SLoP2 😄