cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kurtzberg
Mentor

Unskippable adverts for branded products on a paid service is unacceptable!

This is completely unacceptable. We pay for this service! This isn't a free membership with ads with the option for a premium membership without ads, such as CrunchyRoll or Funimation Now. We are paying for the premium membership now! Charging £5 extra for a boost on top of the £10 monthly charge that we already pay is unacceptable. Have they really lost so many customers that they need to pull this stunt that will cost them more customers? I'm seriously considering cancelling my membership over this. I probably will once I finish what I'm currently watching. Take note, Now people. I can't be the only customer who thinks this. Get rid of the adverts.

12 REPLIES 12
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Now promos, for their upcoming programmes or things they have available to stream, are not adverts in their parlance - adverts are for third-party products.

So the Boost will not stop these.

I don’t mind Now offering me promos, but I would like them to be skippable at my request, like they are on the BBC iPlayer.

Whether Now will move on this though, depends on whether the recent changes have seen them haemorrhaging members or not, and if they have, what steps Now will take to remedy this,

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Kurtzberg 

I agree with you a 100%

I just expressed the same darts in a different conversation.  I currently can't watch anything in the Entertainment package without getting an error PL-01 but ironically I can watch 3 commercials before I find out that I cannot stream and watch the show I want to; so for all intents and purposes I am currently spending £10 a month or whatever the price is to sit and watch commercials, which are becoming more frequent, lengthier and recently being delivered in the multiples of vs singular ones to watch.

I believe their argument for the initial "occasional" advertisements was their way of delivering the service to us at such a low cost. That would not be so bad if the overall service didn't reflect the lower-cost in such a spectacular show of errors, poor planning, slow speeds, and absolutely insane methods and practices; sometimes leaving a series available versus the other extreme of removing a series before you have had the opportunity to watch the last episode and one of the most irritating to me is making a series available but starting it at Season 3 out 5 or just the latest Season in a series that you have not had the opportunity to watch any of it anywhere else  (albiet for a short time or vice versa).  Sometimes I think a show must have lost its funding as they will release 3 episodes of the 1st Season of a new show (or new to NowTV at least) and they will do it on a weekly schedule if you're lucky, and sometimes it's randomised and is not released at regular intervals, and then all of a sudden without warning or without any announcement four episodes into a series you're just getting into they will stop releasing any more episodes and then eventually it will go grey and you cannot watch it or it will just disappear as if it never happened.

The inconsistencies are just too many to count.  You never know if they're going to to release an entire Season at once or if they're going to drip feed it to you.

I'm 100-percent am with you on the ads as they are becoming standard on every show and episode, and instead of being previews for upcoming movies, TV shows etc they are now doing the product advertising and more frequently, as in every episode and from one to three.

If that's what they going to do then they need to increase the services, fix all the bugs, create continuity, employ actual support team, disclose as phone number and it would be nice for myself personally and selfishly if I could watch something other than 3 advertisements just to get an error code that their app isn't working again.

If the shows I watched when I lived in the US were available elsewhere as and the most recent seasons I would be saying Adiós.

Kara

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

So firstly I agree about advertising. Although right now the only way to get rid of them is to take out Boost.

Secondly, I’ve never lived in the US, but I’ve subscribed to Hulu, Paramount+ and Peacock TV. The latter of the two I still subscribe to them. 
It was simple especially with my Amazon fire stick, all I needed was a VPN and a US PayPal account. 

Although that being said both services are launching here soon so I won’t need them much longer. 😎

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help