cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kurtzberg
Mentor

Unskippable adverts for branded products on a paid service is unacceptable!

This is completely unacceptable. We pay for this service! This isn't a free membership with ads with the option for a premium membership without ads, such as CrunchyRoll or Funimation Now. We are paying for the premium membership now! Charging £5 extra for a boost on top of the £10 monthly charge that we already pay is unacceptable. Have they really lost so many customers that they need to pull this stunt that will cost them more customers? I'm seriously considering cancelling my membership over this. I probably will once I finish what I'm currently watching. Take note, Now people. I can't be the only customer who thinks this. Get rid of the adverts.

12 REPLIES 12
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Kurtzberg 

It’s already been discussed to death across the forum. 

Either way when you go to “cancel” you often get discounts thrown at you. 
When I went to “cancel” last month I got my boost, entertainment and cinema all for £9 a month for the next 6 months. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Kurtzberg
Mentor

I know it's been discussed to death but it needs multiple discussions and threads and complaints and whatnot so that the company will see as many people as possible are angry about it. The more people complain, the more likely something is going to be done about it. I may try your cancel trick later but it's just a temporary solution if it works.

Saint1976
Elite 3

@Kurtzberg they won't see multiple discussions or complaints here as this is a customer community.

If you want to complain, you can do it directly

customerservices @ nowtv.com (ensuring no spaces)

RoyB
Legend

@Kurtzberg @gavs82008 

No, it’s not a temporary solution.

Every time any one of your subscriptions, including Boost, looks like going back onto full price, start the Cancel again, and get a new, cheaper, retention offer.

Now’s intention with the new regime is that no-one should pay any more than they did before, and they were careful to organise a few adjustments to achieve this (e.g. for Cinema plus Boost), and there are even savings to be made (e.g. for people who had Entertainment & Kids, and don’t ever watch on two TVs at once). Though what are the odds on that?

But most people are finding that with the restriction to one TV at a time, and the intrusive ads, that you need Boost to get back to where you were, even if Full HD and 5.1 leave you cold.

And Boost has that price increase…..

So, as Phil and Kirsty didn’t quite say, Retention, Retention, Retention.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Well Said!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Well said - impossible to reach NOW by phone so just spend 30 mins in online chat with someone basically admitting that NOW put this through on 5 May without proactively telling customers - so you need to pay 50% more to get the service you had before 5th May. Disgraceful way to treat customers. When I said I would be cancelling, 'Sunita' did not really seem to care saying she was sorry they were losing a 'valuable customer'. Clearly not that valuable. I have been a customer for at least 4-5 years but will churn out when finished the show we are currently watching

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm not too bothered by the £1 a month, but I think what may make me leave is the adverts you have to watch when you pay for boost. 

I clicked to watch the equaliser and it shows an advert for the equaliser before it! 

I think Comcast has not understood the cultural differences between the UK and the US. They are used to having adverts every 10 minutes.

Disney is starting to get alternative programming which is as good. So take a look at that.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

It's the exact same in the US with Paramount+, unskippable promos for Paramount+ content.

Whilst I get it, this is where I prefer Prime where you have the option to skip!

Annoyingly this seems to be the way some (not all...yet) streamers are going, promos for their own content before the program/film starts. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help