cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Unable to watch live TV or Sports

Since 19th I’ve been unable to watch Sky Sports Live. There’s no error; just something went wrong, try again later. The fault is the same on two TV Apps and my NowTV box. I can watch Movies and content I’ve selected in entertainment. I CAN watch live sport on my mobile using Data. I’ve reinstalled the app, I’ve reset my NowTV box, I’ve reset my BT Internet hub. Nothing changes... any ideas?
33 REPLIES 33
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User  and all:-

I’ve called this one in for someone to take a look at.

In the meantime, do we have any common factors, apart from this being a NowTV issue, possibly just a NowTV over WiFi issue?

ISP?

Type of Pass - is this a Sports-only issue?

Device you are watching NowTV on?

I’ve seen BT as an ISP mentioned here; I’m with BT, but a quick flick round a few live Entertainment channels on this iPad shows them all working fine for me here.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi , 

I can't watch any live TV through my black and white box or my iPad. 

I have factory reset my box and my BT router and still nothing apart from Sky's Racing Channel.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
So it reads like two issues:
1) Now TV update
2) Common thread of we’re all on BT Wi-fi

Issue is some NowTV streams work and from what I can read ... it’s just live sport?
Anonymous User
Not applicable
It isn’t BT though... as I have family members with BT who are watching TheOpen on NowTV.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I agree, it doesn't appear to be broadband specific, I'm on EE and also have the same problem. I am trying to watch live movies through the app on an android tablet and even though the buttons come up to either watch a movie live or from the beginning, nothing happens when I press both buttons. 

When watching live through the entertainment pass I have no problems and works straight away. I have also tried it on an apple device and have no problems streaming live on both movies and entertainment passes.

Conclusion, I believe it must be a bug in the android version of the app. Furthermore, I have even tried to cast first and then try to watch movies live but still with no joy.

NOW TV developers, can you please get on the case and release a new android update as soon as possible?

RoyB
Legend

OK, I just burned up a Sports Day Pass on checking this, and live Sports channels are fine on my iPad, and fine on the NowTV Stick on my main TV, Software version 8.1.3, Build 4185.

I wish I did have the issue, as then I could start digging, but instead everything b*st*rd works 😞

My ISP Is BT, FTTC around 25 Mbps.

So, too many people suddenly affected for this to be an “it’s your setup” thing, but I think I have matched a failing ISP BT/Sports Pass/NowTV Stick setup, yet mine is working. Yes?

But maybe that wasn’t a Day Pass as mine is, maybe that matters? Maybe the router matters? Mine’s a Netgear Nighthawk, not the standard BT Home Hub.

Folks, please start chipping in with your ISP/Router/Pass/Device details, and anything else you think might be the reason some of us have this issue and some not, and hopefully give NowTV something to go on.

Even if, like me, you don’t have the issue, but you are reading this, your input will be helpful.

I’ll kick it off:-

ISP: BT

Router: Netgear Nighthawk (Out on display in the lounge - good thing my wife likes stealth bombers 🙂 )

Pass(es): Entertainment OK, Day Sports OK, don’t have any others

Devices: iPad all OK

NowTV Stick, gray remote, all OK. Software version 8.1.3, Build 4185.

Also OK on the upstairs Stick, yellow remote, details unavailable as interrupting

Poldark is more than my life is worth.... 

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Some details on my set-up and problem:

1. ISP - BT

2. Router - Smart Hub

3. Devices - Black NowTV Box; Black NowTV stick

4. Apps - NowTV Android app on Lenovo tablet; Android app on Samsung S7 mobile

5. Passes - I bought a 9-month "Golf Bundle" last year pre-Ryder Cup which was supposed to cover Ryder Cup, Masters, US Open, US PGA and the Open, expires next month

Since Friday evening I can only view Sky Sports Racing through the box and stick when using WIFI. All other Sports channels get a red bar at top of screen with "Sorry, Something went wrong".

When using the Apps on WIFI I get a "Playback_Protocol_Error" message.

I was also unable to view using the mobile app on the train yesterday using GWR WIFI.

I can however view via the app on 4G on the mobile.

NowTV online chat unable to assist.

BT online chat unable to assist immediately although they did advise me to activate dual-band network setting on my router, which I did on Sunday morning, and they said to give "24-48 hours". Certainly it had not solved anything by yesterday evening, by which time the golf had finished!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

should have added....

YouTube, iPlayer etc all working fine on box/stick using wifi

I don't have any other active passes to test other channels/content on

Anonymous User
Not applicable
They have suggested to me it’s an issue that MANY customers are experiencing?! I don’t think it’s a BT issue. Definitely something regards access protocol regards Sports
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Sounds exactly like my issue.