cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CharlieBee
Scholar

US tennis open on nowtv.

Can I  get tennis on demand on Nowtv with the sports subscription now that Sky have the concession? I haven't been able to get any sports on demand on Nowtv previously.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @CharlieBee 

If you have a NOW Day or full Monthly Sports Membership you should be able to watch on Demand Sports content where available.

Should you be using a Mobile Sports Membership then you won't be able to watch Sports on Demand.

My guess that the US Open Tennis will be available on NOW Sports on Demand, but might be worth waiting until the US Open Tennis starts on Sky from 28th of August to see if the matches gets added to NOW Sports on Demand.

View solution in original post

83 REPLIES 83
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @CharlieBee 

If you have a NOW Day or full Monthly Sports Membership you should be able to watch on Demand Sports content where available.

Should you be using a Mobile Sports Membership then you won't be able to watch Sports on Demand.

My guess that the US Open Tennis will be available on NOW Sports on Demand, but might be worth waiting until the US Open Tennis starts on Sky from 28th of August to see if the matches gets added to NOW Sports on Demand.

Roros
Regular Poster

Hi,

Sorry for jumping in but I'm utterly confused about the US Open coverage via NOW TV! I have a NOW TV monthly sub that I watch on either my laptop or phone as my TV is too old for the app. I'm unsure what matches I'll be able to watch if I add on a monthly sports sub.

Will it just be 2 sports channels available and I can only watch whichever matches they are broadcasting at the time on those channels, or will all live matches being played be available to watch live on demand via the website or android app (as we can with BBC iplayer or Amazon's coverage)?

I can't watch via TV so the red button feature is irrelevant to me (unless I can access it via the website or my phone).

Hope that makes sense! Idon't want to pay an expensive monthly sub if all I'm getting access to is 2 live matches at a time.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Roros 

Seeing the three temporary test feeds on Bonus Streams today I am quietly confident that there will be more live feeds (ie Bonus Streams) other than on what's on Sky Sports Main Event, Sky Sports Action and Sky Sports Arena which seems to be covering the live broadcasts from my quick look at the TV Guide for early part of next week.

There is a FAQ on this link below on what devices support NOW Bonus Sports Streams, where the list hasn't been fully updated, where I believe Android TV and Google TV is missing from the list (perhaps others).

Unfortunately mobile phones, tablets and PC are not currently supported with regards to Bonus Streams.

The downside with Bonus Streams if you have a supported device, is even with a Boost Membership you are limited to 720p 25fps playback (the same with NOW Sports on Demand).

Once the tournament starts proper next week, we will see if on Demand will be highlights or a full repeat of matches and what matches will be available on Demand.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/sports-membership 

Roros
Regular Poster

Thanks for the reply.

So if I'm watching via my laptop or my phone I'll be limited to whatever matches are being broadcast on the 3 channels?

The bonus streams are like the BBC red button? Are they live matches or just replays of earlier matches?

Sorry for the confusion!

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@schnapps 

Not sure if you remember another thread re the bonus streams and I did a test on my iPhone, which I found them at the time?

Are there any bonus streams happening just now for me to check both iPhone and iPad?

FYI @Roros 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Roros 

If you don't have a supported device that offers Bonus Streams, then you are restricted to what's on the live Sky Sports channels i.e. Sky Sports Main Event, Sky Sports Action, Sky Sports Arena.

The Bonus Streams are live feeds of games and not repeats going on my previous experience of watching Bonus Streams with regards to Football, F1, Golf etc and you need a supported playback device to watch on.

Once the live match is over the Bonus Streams will also finish.

Until Monday, we won't know if Bonus Streams is going to happen, but seeing those three US Open test feeds on Bonus Streams earlier today I am optimistic there will be some coverage on Bouns Streams that will be different matches from that are normally on the Sky Sports live channels.

If Bonus Streams do happen, then I will have no idea how many matches they will cover, but Bonus Streams are on real time and not on catchup going on other previous Bonus Streams I have watched in the past such has Football for example.

I think we will have a better idea on Monday.

Roros
Regular Poster

Thanks. That's clarified things much better than the Now TV website and live chat help!

Need to weigh up if it's worth it if I'm only going to be able to pick from 2 or 3 live matches. Pretty poor offering compared to Amazon's coverage (& even the BBC's Wimbledon coverage).

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@CharlieBee 

What devices do you have in terms of mobile and tablet? As I just checked the golf channel on my iPhone and iPad where the bonus streams worked 😆

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
CharlieBee
Scholar
I have Android mobile and tablet, windows Laptop and Nowtv app on TV.
Mobile not much good to view matches unless I can use Googlecast which Sky
actively discourage.