cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rossdunbar
Mentor

UKTV premium channels (e.g. Alibi, W & Eden)

Given the debacle at Virgin Media, is there any chance that NowTV might be able to swoop in a put on the missing premium UKTV channels?. We already have Gold, any chance of Alibi and W?

Would surely be a big coup if Now TV could manage it and I imagine that UKTV are open to getting some of their missing viewers back.

9 REPLIES 9
Soulcal24
Scholar 3

@rossdunbar

Don’t think that happen for few years due to Sky / UKTV new carriage deal way back I think February but I have seen on digital spy forums that someone asked now tv via live chat asked said they are coming but could be just hear say ! 

rossdunbar
Mentor

According to rumours on other forums, it looks like NowTV and UKTV are in discussions to get the channels on...

Fingers crossed.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

The big question is how much are you willing to pay for those extra channels?  ’cause they ain’t gonna be free.

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@rossdunbardo you have any sources? 🙂

@Anonymous User A UKTV pass would be interesting itself. 🙂

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
Anonymous User
Not applicable

This would be the perfect option for me as all my wife watches is alibi/W/drama etc.

I'd use a youview+ box as nowtv can be watched through it along with all the freeview channels

Been with Virgin for years and been paying a small kings ramson to them so I'm not impressed that the UKTV channels have gone..

We have a nowtv box in my daughters room which has been faultless. Would be willing to pay £9.99 pm for the current entertainment package along with the UKTV channels (Yes I know Gold is already included in the entertainment package).

Come on Nowtv. Get this package sorted and you'll make a lot of people very happy.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Me too! I'd be happy to pay a tenner for Alibi and W to be included in the entertainment pass. I hope Now TV manage to swing it!

rossdunbar
Mentor

I don't have any sources, I read a comment over in the Digital Spy forum discussing the issue (so it could well be fantasy on that poster's part), I suspect it might be on mine. Smiley Wink

Legend 5
Legend 5

Personally I am glad I got a Roku with TVPlayer on it for the bedroom.  Might have to consider one for the lounge if Virgin don't get their act together.  Very limited content now on Virgin that isn't on a combination of Now, TVplayer and Freeview. Plus there are a ridiculous number of duplicate channels

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
rossdunbar
Mentor

I, too, have a Roku (and a great little device it is) and signed up for TV Player to get regain access to the premuim UKTV channels. However, as I almost never watch live TV I find it of very little use. There isn't ANY on-demand access to the UKTV shows through TV Player. Whereas NowTVs Gold does have quite a bit, as did VM. I'm hoping that if NowTV did get the complete premium set, we'd also get what on-demand programmes UKTV are able to provide. I'd cancel the TV Player subscription in the heartbeat if that were the case.