cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

True Detective season 3 gone

I was watching true detective season 3 yesterday, and Nowtv said it would be up until October. Now it's no longer there, has it been permanently removed? 

10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous User
Not applicable

In exactly the same boat... about half way through season 3 no warning (in app) it was about to be terminated or I wouldn't have bothered. This is why physical formats aren't dying off, people realise that its better to wait until you have a disc in your hands as opposed to being j**ked off in this way... have to say season 3 thus far excellent I guess I'll never know the outcome. Thanks sky.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same thing for us. Very disappointing!

Izzie-T
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

This will return to us late Oct 2020.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks, but why was it removed early? When we started watching it, it said it would be available until 24th October! It then disappeared without warning! 😧

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same here. Spent ages yesterday trying to make a complaint because

it clearly stated on the website that it would be available to watch until 24th October to no avail.

If I had known it was just going to be removed without warning, I wouldn't have started watching it.

It's really disappointing that we pay for our entertainment pass, but series are removed 

without any prior warning or reason. This is just unacceptable 😞

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, thanks for that, but why was it removed prior to the date stated?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same situation. It said October when we started watching so I did a chat with Dhriti at support last night and was told:

"I have checked with the details and see that there is an issue going on with the content availability of season 3 of true detective. But not to worry, this is temporary and we will get back to you via email once the issue is resolved."

When I challenged them because this isn't he first time I've seen this happen I was told:

"I can understand REDACTED the issue is going on from the side of content availability team and we are trying our best to resolve the issue soon."

"We are trying our best to sort this out quickly, we will notify you via email once the issue is sorted"

I didn't ask how soon it would be but I would say most people wouldn't believe it means October.

So who is telling the truth? Dhriti on chat or @Izzie-T on here? If both, Dhriti was misleading at be

You can't keep advertising things one way and pulling them with no notice and not expect people to be annoyed.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Izzie-T 

Thank you for your reply, below. 

In answer to 2, I have had the issue of a show disappearing when it's not due to more than once, at least 3 times iirc.

In answer to 3, it was advertised within the app/on the website as being available till October when I and others on this thread started to watch this. People wouldn't start watching it if they could determine they didn't have enough time to watch an entire series.

For info, I've been offered a free month entertainment pass by support as a result of this. I suggest others reading this thread contact support and ask for the same.

I was told it was due to no longer having broadcasting rights. It seems a bit poor you can't know this in advance and correctly advertise shows to avoid this kind of situation. 

In amazement at number 4, why do customer support not have access to the information they clearly need...

Andy

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User @Anonymous User @Anonymous User 

Hi @AnnoyednLiedTo,

As I am not from support team or customer service team, I might not sound very fluffy in words. I hope you do not might. I will help with all I can and I can only do my best to answer any content issue but nothing else.

1st, I am sorry, I am not sure who is Dhriti. As support team can be from internal and external very large number of people. 

2nd, I am not sure what do you mean is not the first time? 

3rd, Can I please ask if you can tell me where do you see the information about the viewing date of True Detective Season 3, if it states that should be available now, please? 

4th, 25th October 2020 is the date presently in the system which Support/customer team does not usually have access. 

Any other needs, I reply to you or any other message as soon as I am back to work on Monday.

Wish you all a good hot Friday and weekend for now

Izzie-T
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

Hi @Anonymous User 

Thank you for your feedback. I am not able to comment or control over the advert arrangement, but I will relate to team about the advert and content date issues.

Customer support team only have the basic timetable of the content and they deal with very wide range of issue with different knowledge. I am specific working for content related only. 

Thank you again. I hope I can be of any help for you next time.