cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

To Boost or not to Boost

I understand the "standard" subscription for any service (Entertainment, Movies, Sports) are only shown in 720p and no surround sound option?

Why can't NowTV include 1080p and surround sound as standard like all other streaming services out there?

7 REPLIES 7
redchiz1
Champion 2

Not all streaming services do, notably Netflix whose Basic plan uses a paltry 480p. But ultimately it is a business decision by NOW.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I highly doubt Netflix does 480p for their standard plan. No one does that resolution anymore. 

But shame if it is down as a business decision.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

When Netflix launches their ad tier it’ll replace the cheapest and that resolution will be 720p. So like NOW you’ll have to pay for 1080p and no ads.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
redchiz1
Champion 2

Screenshot 2022-10-31 at 10.35.22.png

Anonymous User
Not applicable

So you mean a £9.99 monthly subscription for 720p service with no surround sound is a good deal?

starman73
Elite

Do you pay £9.99/month? I currently pay £1/month for cinema and get boost for £2/month.

redchiz1
Champion 2

I wouldn't pay that personally. I currently pay £4.99 for Entertainment, £1 for Cinema, £1 for Boost. As and when the offers expire I will review and simply cancel if it's too much. I haven't had Netflix for years now and don't miss it it all, there is plenty of other stuff out there, almost all better value.