cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

The wire

Why are you removing the wire from NowTV??
8 REPLIES 8
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum. You've got until 24th Feb before The Wire leaves NOW TV so should give you chance to get stuck in. It does return now and then to NOW TV so if you don't get all the way through it you can finish when it returns. There's also loads of other crime dramas on NOW TV so hopefully you'll find other shows to watch as well.

NOW TV doesn't have the rights to keep shows on the service forever, so all shows have an expiry date. 
For more info on how content works on NOW TV see the following help page
http://help.nowtv.com/article/Why-can-t-I-find-the-show-I-m-looking-for

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hey,

Any idea when it might be back? Being able to watch The Wire was genuinely the only reason I signed up to Now TV - and a full 12 month subscription at that!

Finished the first 3 seasons so keen to watch the rest!

Cheers.

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Welcome to the forum. I'll tag @Anonymous User from the NOW TV Team in case there's any info but I would imagine with it only just leaving it will be a while yet before there's any news. 

In the meantime hopefully you can find lots of other shows to make use of your sub, if you enjoy your crime drama this thread might give you some ideas

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Entertainment/Can-you-recommend-a-good-crime-or-political-drama-to-watch/m-p/457603#M37289

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User

Hi Andy,

Is correct, we don't have any information as to when the show will be back exactly, however with these popular box sets it's never usually a long wait.

Thanks

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi gang, need a speedy answer on this one. It says The Wire will be removed in 3 days - can you tell me what time on Sunday (29th Sept 2019) they will be taken down? Is it 23.59 on Sunday evening? 

I have 5 episodes to go and need to understand my window to watch them in! 

Thanks

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I believe The Wire is leaving the NowTV service on Monday the 30th of September 2019.

What you should notice next to each episode when a TV show is leaving in the last day the orange countdown timer next to the episode will change from days left to hours remaining before leaving.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi

Any idea when the wire will return to Now TV?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just into season 4 and noticed The Wire is going. Not going to be able to watch the rest then. It looks as though this is a regular thing with boxsets coming and going. This doesn't happen with other streaming sites. 

Extremely frustrating!

Unfortunately I'll be cancelling the subscription now.