cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

The good doctor season 3

On an earlier post in july, someone from now tv confirmed that season 3 of the good doctor would be available on 26/102020. However, it is not available. Please can you confirm when it is will be available?

Thank you

40 REPLIES 40
RMM71
Scholar 2

As the schedules for 8th January are now publicly available you will see that The Good Doctor is not scheduled for that date.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

According to the screen shot below Season 3 latest return date is now the 18th of January 2021,

Screenshot_20201229-093332.png

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've been thinking. Season 1 and 2 are on catchup.

As a follower of this show I'm almost sure that I saw Season 3 last year on Now TV around the time it was being shown in the states.

I did a quick search and it appears that Season 4 is now being shown in the USA. so is it a case that Now TV is going to show season 3 again instead of 4 or have I got it all wrong ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Replying to my recent post, season 3 has been and gone . The states is now showing season 4 which we should be doing. I saw season 3 episodes on Now Tv last year ! You can also check on IMDB.

Is Now Tv trying to pass  series 3 as new ?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

NowTV sometimes brings back a previous season or seasons a month or two before the new latest season is about to air in the UK.

I don't follow this particular TV show and looking at the GeekTown website it currently states The Good Doctor Season 4 UK premiere air date is Early 2021 (TBC).

Maybe @Izzie-T of the NowTV Content Team knows the provincial date for Season 4 ?

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@schnapps @Anonymous User 

It is also a show that I do not follow, but my hunch is that season 4 of the Good Doctor won't appear on Sky at all. 

My guess is that season 4 will appear on the "Star" section of Disney+ when it gets added on the 23rd February. 

Most likely Disney has retained rights for all its shows that are on FOX and ABC and we will start getting more of the shows appear a lot quicker thanks to Disney+.

Again its all just guess work and my assumption. Just can't see Disney allowing Sky to have rights to its weekly shows after 23rd Februarys Star launch. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @gavs82008 

I suppose things will become a little more clearer when the Star section of Disney + is introduced into the UK on the 23rd of February.

It's difficult to keep a track on what TV show or Movie is attached to which Studio without checking on the internet and doing some research.

Should The Good Doctor be moving over to Star immediately,  i am surprised Season 3 is returning back to Sky / NowTV in January.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@schnapps 

It is most likely the same idea with the Disney films, some return for a short period, obviously due to the contract that Sky had in place with Disney. 

Funnily when I sent an email to Skys view relations about the ABC and FOX shows that Disney owns, their response was this "We currently havre no information on these shows, howevre this should be made clearer in the early part of 2021 going forward.".

Not sure if it just me or is that code for yeah Sky won't be showing new seasons of 9-1-1, Greys Anatomy, The Good Doctor etc?

Izzie-T
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

Hi All,

I have not got the S4 in system yet.

Will put in the wish list to team.

Thank you.

*Please note that I am only able to look into on content related queries, any account, offer, etc related, please contact our customer team or live chat for help. Thank you.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Have personally never seen the show. However as it’s produced by ABC studios which is of course owned by Disney I reckon all new seasons including 4 will appear Disney+ sometime after 23rd February when “Star” section gets added. 

That’s my hope and assumption for other shows like Greys Anatomy, Station 19 and also both 911 shows.