cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

The Wire - season 3 expiring soon...but not the others!

Hi all,

I can see from other messages on the Community that there have been a number of instances in the past where "The Wire" has been removed from NowTV, & then reinstated.

As of today, season 3 is due to expire in 11 days time (season 4 sometime in September) - can anyone confirm if NowTV will actually remove season 3, as this seems to make no sense at all?

Have just started season 2 which means a bit of an "enforced binge" to finish nearly 2 seasons in that time, but would be good to hear from others who are aware of seasons being removed & then reinstated at a later date.

Cheers in advance! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Normally when a season returns immediately on the NowTV App on my mobile device it will show a greyed out season episode 1 saying "Available from X date".

I can't see this information when checking season 3 of The Wire so it might not be promising.

Here's an example on the screen shot below taken from True Blood back in end of January where season 4 was leaving in 10 days time and season 4 of this show was returning again back on the 5th of February straight after it left.

Screenshot_2020-01-25-13-52-19.png

If you use Twitter ask the question over there where NowTV Staff are more proactive and should be able to confirm if season 3 will be back straight away or perhaps @Izzie-T who works for the NowTV Content Team can check the NowTV spreadsheet for returning shows or seasons ?

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Normally when a season returns immediately on the NowTV App on my mobile device it will show a greyed out season episode 1 saying "Available from X date".

I can't see this information when checking season 3 of The Wire so it might not be promising.

Here's an example on the screen shot below taken from True Blood back in end of January where season 4 was leaving in 10 days time and season 4 of this show was returning again back on the 5th of February straight after it left.

Screenshot_2020-01-25-13-52-19.png

If you use Twitter ask the question over there where NowTV Staff are more proactive and should be able to confirm if season 3 will be back straight away or perhaps @Izzie-T who works for the NowTV Content Team can check the NowTV spreadsheet for returning shows or seasons ?

Izzie-T
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

Hi All,

I can confirm that the Wire 3 on 28/06/2020 to 29/06/2020 has a renewal schedule, which might sometimes cause a short period of unavailability, but you can continue to watch it till 2025. 

Thank you.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for your reply - any indications how long season 3 might be taken down for?

Rattling through so many episodes of season 2 AND 3, before 3 is expired could be a tall order!

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Looks like The Wire Season 3 will be back on the NowTV service straight away on the 29th of June 2020 (according to this screen shot).

Screenshot_2020-06-20-13-44-33.png

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for this @schnapps - can you tell me where your screenshot is from please, as I'm unable to see the same info once I've logged in?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

NowTV App on my Android Tablet.