cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

The Test Rugby Matches

so i havent had Now tv for a while so a bit unsure on things i just want to know if i can watch the rugby games that will be on Saturday later in the evening as ive got to drive across the country and will be in a hotel for the night and with the games being deciders i want to watch them been looking through everything and nothing says if they will be VODs afterwards thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Going by last Saturday's Rugby test matches the Ireland and England games was added to NOW Sports on Demand at around 9pm on Sunday evening and the Wales and Scotland games was added around midnight.

If you download the Sky + App onto your smart phone this will show you any full repeat broadcast of the games.

Should you have NOW Boost and are using a 50fps playback NOW supported device then its better to watch the live repeat broadcast which will show the games in all its 50fps glory (better motion detail and smother motion) than compared to 25fps from NOW on Demand Sports. 

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
SweetBlitz
Expert 3

Unlikely they will be on demand as it takes at least 24 hours. However sometimes there are re-runs broadcast live later in the day.  Check schedules https://www.skysports.com/watch/tv-guide/16-07-2022 (sorry cant see on my phone)

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you so much for the advice and help much appreciated 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Going by last Saturday's Rugby test matches the Ireland and England games was added to NOW Sports on Demand at around 9pm on Sunday evening and the Wales and Scotland games was added around midnight.

If you download the Sky + App onto your smart phone this will show you any full repeat broadcast of the games.

Should you have NOW Boost and are using a 50fps playback NOW supported device then its better to watch the live repeat broadcast which will show the games in all its 50fps glory (better motion detail and smother motion) than compared to 25fps from NOW on Demand Sports. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you this is more helpful than anything Now tv have used as info i wanted to have this as the answer but pressed the wrong button. haha from what i can see ill be watching it a 2:15 in the morning haha 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

made it answer now haha

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Because you mentioned 2.15 am on Sunday morning I am guessing it's the Welsh match you are interested in watching more?

The 1st Test of the Wales Game was added at 11.30pm on Saturday evening where the 2nd Welsh test match was around midnight.

If you will be watching on a laptop or tablet for example then hopefully the Welsh match will be on Demand Sports before 2.15am Sunday morning.

I am a Wales Rugby fan and Rugby watcher in general, but luckily I am at home on Saturday and will be glued to the television virtually all day Saturday watching live Rugby Union. 

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

How are you planning to watch these games; your own Stick plugged into a hotel TV with their WiFi?

If so, a couple of things to be aware of; firstly, you need a Stick that will let you do a ‘Hotel or Dorm’ setup, to get on that WiFi; Rokus and Firesticks do, but I don’t know if Now Sticks piggyback on the Roku option or not.

https://www.digitaltrends.com/home-theater/how-to-connect-amazon-fire-tv-hotel-tv/

Secondly, I found I had a hotel TV with downward-facing HDMI ports that I couldn’t physically get a Roku Streaming Stick + into, because it fouled the cabinetry, so I now carry a hinged HDMI adaptor, though a M/F wire HDMI adaptor would do equally well.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @RoyB 

Here's the information about using a NOW branded device in an Hotel or Student Accommodations.

Never tried it myself.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/use-now-device-in-hotel-or-student-accommodation