cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

The Orville season 2 E11

At around 26 minutes in to the episode there's a bizzare jump in the middle of a sentence before jumping to the next scene. 

Label added that doesn't fit because nothing I typed was allowed for some reason.

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User 

Earlier Today on my Now TV Stick I caught up with The Orville Season 2 Episode 11 and had the exact same thing occur at a time of about 26:01, a mid-sentence stop, blank screen and then lurch to the next piece of action....... and it is possible that there could be a piece of action missing where this jump is??????

It's hard to tell if action is missing (or if it's just a minor blip) until possibly viewing a 'live' showing to compare, BUT, quite a few months ago I had occasion to report on this Forum of very similar things happening on catch-up episodes of other Fox Shows where a catch-up playback incident seemed to indicate some missing action and on those occasions the episodes were checked and fixed because a good 30-60secs had gone missing.  Another piece of 'evidence'....... from what I can remember with this season of The Orville, all had a running time of over 46mins, but this one is only 45-and-half mins, not conclusive, but possibly could further suggest a piece of action missing in this catch-up episode at the 26min mark???

I'll tag some Now TV Mods to this and see if they can pass this issue to Content Team to check if there is a problem with this catch-up episode.

@Anonymous User @Karl-F @Jason-C @Graham-S 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Further to my previous Post about The Orville Season 2 Episode 11, the catch-up episode is definitely missing some footage........ as described in previous Posts the mid-sentence break and blank screen then jump to next scene was indicitive of a problem and now on watching the 'live' version of the episode at the same point there is footage that is not on the catch-up episode.

Again, at roughly 26:01 in the catch-up episode the action cuts off mid-sentence before going to next scene..... the episode then runs to about 45:30 at end.  However, on watching the 'live' showing of the episode I could time a section of about 45-60secs (from the 26:01 point) that is not in the catch-up episode.  I would then think that the overall length of the catch-up episode should be nearer about 46:30.

Hence, could Now TV please check this catch-up episode and upload the complete version.  This issue has happened previously a few months back with catch-up episodes of other shows from Fox and it seems to have struck again.  I'm also a little worried that the thumbnail for episode 12 shows as 44mins....... as The Orville episodes tend to be 46mins possibly a good bet that footage will be missing from next weeks catch-up episode as well????

@Anonymous User @Karl-F @Jason-C @Graham-S 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User 

I will look into this and get this raised

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Any follow-up on this? The strange mid-sentence cut is still there.

ukbobboy
Legend

For all Orville Fans

Just heard that Orville has been renewed for a 3rd season, although not confirmed by Fox or the Orville team, this news was released to the major TV advertisers in the US.

Let's all hope the news is correct.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User 

Looks like season 2 episode 11 has just left the service after it came to the end of its 30day catch-up period and it didn't appear that the episode was fixed before it left.......... no doubt the whole of season two will return in the future as a boxset and hopefully that episode will be sorted then????