cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
owlqueen
Scholar

The Blacklist Season 8 - June 2022

I was watching Season 8 of The Blacklist as it was recently added back to NOW TV UK. Finished Ep7, then found that Ep 8 won't work. It won't work on any device. It's not an internet issue as everything else is working fine.

Contacted them via live chat and they can't give me a reason as to why this has happened. Went through all the usual guff - deleted and reinstalled, reset, removed devices etc etc.

Season 9 is being added an episode at a time (weekly) as it airs, so I'm not sure why it's doing this.

I noticed there was an issue with S8 when it was on NOW TV last year also.

I was told "Let me fetch a solution for you" and then "I have tried fetching your solution and it'll be sorted through the relevant team they will get to core of you situation and get back to via email" so, I think it's being looked into!?!?

27 REPLIES 27
owlqueen
Scholar

I don't have boost

Izzie-T
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

Hi @schnapps & @owlqueen 

I understand what you mean about the Boost, however I still need to all the possible information for the investigation that could be part of evidence of this issue too.

Also, as there is no record of the Boost issue at present. This is why I am interested to understand these twitter post. 

@owlqueen can I please confirm you do not have a little icon of Camera when you type the message for you to attached the photo, please? if not the video.

Is always better to more info for the investigation going forward 😊

Thank you for both of your info and help.

please confirm if you have done the basic troubleshoot for unplug device/uninstall app, clear all history on device, smart TV & app. 

*Please note that I am only able to look into on content related queries, any account, offer, etc related, please contact our customer team or live chat for help. Thank you.

owlqueen
Scholar

I signed up to 7 days free boost to see if that stopped the issue.

Now it doesn't crash during a show because there's no ad breaks - however, I keep getting this at the start of each episode and have to close down, log out and re-open. So now the promo trailers are causing it to crash.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1cwzDsUPltUNRxysnVJkXlLyiO51I90e_AAZ6P0AhMCQ/edit?usp=sharing 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@owlqueen 

Might sound like a daft question, how often do you update the Amazon fire stick?

Speaking from experience apps can have a bit of a melt down if the fire stick system isn't updated. Which seems to be a weekly basis.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
owlqueen
Scholar

It updates automatically whenever an update is released. The last update was last week or something like that.

I’m having the same issue on phone and laptop as well. It goes across all my devices. 

I followed all of their instructions re deleting emptying logging deregistering too lol

They have said it’s a known issue so I’m just trying to be patient but it’s hard when I reported it around 21st June lol

owlqueen
Scholar

Hi @Izzie-T 

I received an email today saying that Now didn't receive a response from me about my issue so they're presuming it's all sorted.

Well it isnt. I had to take out a free trial of Boost and funnily enough, I am no longer experiencing any issues. So it is definitely the ads.

I've done everything - cleared cache/deleted/reinstalled/logged out etc etc multiple times now.

What happens if, when my boost trial ends, I still have the same issue? I shouldn't have to pay for boost because of an issue that is not my fault.

I can't reply to the email that I was sent from the Now Team re case id 11048772 as I keep getting an undeliverable message.

owlqueen
Scholar

And then, ive just received an email saying they've closed my complaint. My complaint is not done. Ive seen on twitter that it isn't completely fixed. I couldnt reply to the email. This is ridiculous.

Izzie-T
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

Hi @owlqueen 

Sorry I just returned from leave.

Can I please ask you to confirm If basic troubleshooting has been re-done-(for unplug device/uninstall app, clear all history on device, smart TV & app. ) and reselect the content through channel path again, not from watchlist or continue to watch.

And you are still having issue on playing the Blacklist S8 ep8 onward, please?

Thank you for your comment.

Looping in @ContentTeam