cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
owlqueen
Scholar

The Blacklist Season 8 - June 2022

I was watching Season 8 of The Blacklist as it was recently added back to NOW TV UK. Finished Ep7, then found that Ep 8 won't work. It won't work on any device. It's not an internet issue as everything else is working fine.

Contacted them via live chat and they can't give me a reason as to why this has happened. Went through all the usual guff - deleted and reinstalled, reset, removed devices etc etc.

Season 9 is being added an episode at a time (weekly) as it airs, so I'm not sure why it's doing this.

I noticed there was an issue with S8 when it was on NOW TV last year also.

I was told "Let me fetch a solution for you" and then "I have tried fetching your solution and it'll be sorted through the relevant team they will get to core of you situation and get back to via email" so, I think it's being looked into!?!?

27 REPLIES 27
owlqueen
Scholar

I spoke to soon... It's gone again, halfway through episode 10 now. As before, every other show and movie is working fine, just The Blacklist

Izzie-T
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

Looping in @ContentTeam 

Hi @owlqueen 

We tested the S8 ep 8 - 22 randomly, they are all working with us too.

Can you please confirm the below in order for us to follow up your query please?

• If basic troubleshooting is done-(for unplug device/uninstall app, clear all history on device, smart TV & app. ) and reselect the content through channel path again, not from watchlist or continue to watch.
• Content name: BlackList
• Season 8 and Ep 8-22
• OnDemand
• If possible also timing of the problem happens in Ep
• Device types
• If stick or TV, also the TV model and brand
• Area: UK or ROI
• Image or video of problem/error message if possible

Thank you.

owlqueen
Scholar

Hi @Izzie-T 

Thanks for the reply.

The current situation is that I can watch it for a while then it stops working. Currently, I'm on episode 4 of Season 9 of The Blacklist but that is because I have to keep leaving and coming back to it. It is taking me around 3 hours to watch a 1 hour episode.

I have logged out, deleted and reinstalled multiple times. It does it on my windows 10 laptop, Amazon firestick app and also my phone. 

It only happens during the ads. The episode mostly works until an ad break or at the first/pre show ad - then it stops working and I have to reboot. 

On 25th and 26th June, it was specifically a McDonald's ad that caused the issue. All other ads loaded fine, but that ad would get as far as the 'M' at the start and then buffer. Today, I have no idea which ad is causing the problem.

Once I get past the ads, then the show itself works fine. It's also completely random - sometimes I can watch an episode in full, then the ad at the start of the next episode won't load so the show won't work. Sometimes, its one of the ads during the show and I have to leave, close down, log out and everything to get it to work.

I've noticed the ads causing buffering on other shows too since my last comment - although, not yet to the degree of the issue with the blacklist.

Someone from NowTV also deregistered all my devices so I can re-register them and see if that worked but it didn't.

I've tried joining through both the continue playing and the episode selection screen - it doesn't make a difference.

UK.

I am on the verge of cancelling my subscription as there's no point paying for something I can't watch.

I do not have Now Boost.

I have a photo and a video of it in action but it says I'm not allowed to upload images or videos.

Thanks

Izzie-T
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

Hi @owlqueen 

Can you please confirm if you have case reference or the agent name for your issue, please?

Thank you.

owlqueen
Scholar

Case ID: 11048772

Whenever I click on the photo icon it brings up a menu saying:

Source:

Image Descriptions:

Dimensions:

but I don't know what to put in there. There is nowhere to "upload" I even check on my mobile but can't do it.

If I try to copy/paste the photo it says "you do not have permissions to upload images"

Izzie-T
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

Hi @owlqueen 

Thank you for the image. I have sent over the info to related team. There is an investigation and testing for fix at present. Hopefully it will be fixed soon as we cannot advise on the fix date present.

*Please note that I am only able to look into on content related queries, any account, offer, etc related, please contact our customer team or live chat for help. Thank you.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Izzie-T 

Have you tested with a non Boost account, where there seems to be a number of issues currently streaming with no NOW Boost reading the Community Forum and over on NOW Twitter.

Izzie-T
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

Hi @schnapps 

Can you provide the Twitter post for me, please? as there is no record of this issue.

Also, I do need the required info for investigation on this specific content issue.

Thank you for your help.

Loop in @ContentTeam 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Izzie-T 

I am not saying this particular case is non Boost related where the OP my have Boost, but there has been a lot of problems with NOW streaming over the last few days reported on the Community Forum and over NOW Twitter Help.

Where it might be worth checking without a non Boost account which i don't have.

Most of the tweets and posts about the TV streaming issues seems to be customers who don't have Boost.