cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
owlqueen
Scholar

The Blacklist Season 8 - June 2022

I was watching Season 8 of The Blacklist as it was recently added back to NOW TV UK. Finished Ep7, then found that Ep 8 won't work. It won't work on any device. It's not an internet issue as everything else is working fine.

Contacted them via live chat and they can't give me a reason as to why this has happened. Went through all the usual guff - deleted and reinstalled, reset, removed devices etc etc.

Season 9 is being added an episode at a time (weekly) as it airs, so I'm not sure why it's doing this.

I noticed there was an issue with S8 when it was on NOW TV last year also.

I was told "Let me fetch a solution for you" and then "I have tried fetching your solution and it'll be sorted through the relevant team they will get to core of you situation and get back to via email" so, I think it's being looked into!?!?

27 REPLIES 27
RoyB
Legend

@Izzie-T, any help for @owlqueen here?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @owlqueen 

With regards to Season 9 some TV shows latest seasons are added weekly like Season 9 of The Blacklist for example, where other TV Shows the full season is added to on Demand all in one go.

It all depends on the rights and agreements in place between Sky / NOW and the content rights holder.

owlqueen
Scholar
Yeah I know, my issue is that season 8 won’t play past episode 7 lol
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @owlqueen 

Season 8 Episode 8 seems to be playing fine for me for the first 10 minutes I tested it using a Roku Stick Plus on my UK account.

If no joy, what about downloading the Ep 8 onto a tablet to watch back on.

What about S8 Ep 9 does that play or not on your devices? 

owlqueen
Scholar
Nothing after episode 7 will play lol.
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @owlqueen 

Season 8 Ep 9 is also playing fine for me on my Roku.

Unless you are based in the Republic of Ireland which might run off different servers, then I can only assume it might be account specific.

Out of curiosity what playback devices have you tried and does other TV shows play with your NOW Entertainment Membership ?

Hopefully the NOW Content Team will come to your assistance .

owlqueen
Scholar
All other shows are working fine, it’s not working on any device.
I can even go back and rewatch episode 1-7 of season 8, it just won’t play episode 8 onwards.
owlqueen
Scholar

It's working  now. I can finally finish season 8.Yay

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @owlqueen

That's great news (enjoy).