cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Supergirl Season 3 Today

Yesterday I almost finished watching Supergirl Season 3. Just the last two episodes to go! Today it’s disappeared! What happened?

5 REPLIES 5
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Supergirl S3 was the latest season and so was on catch-up (bit like BBC iPlayer) which means the episodes have now expired and left the service. There should have been a countdown timer next to the episodes on most devices so it's worth keeping an eye out for these in future. It should be back again soon as a proper boxset but NOW TV won't have a confirmed date yet. 

For more info on how content works on NOW TV see the following help page
http://help.nowtv.com/article/Why-can-t-I-find-the-show-I-m-looking-for

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thanks, I’ll be more careful in future. Is there a way to distinguish between catchups and box sets?
Kind regards, Pat
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I watched episode 3.8 on Wednesday which was the first part of the Crisis on Earth X crossover. I had to find the Arrow, Flash and Legends episodes on a different site which I watched this morning. Tonight I go to watch episode 3.9 and the whole of season 3 has gone!

It would be better if it was more like BBC iPlayer and gradually removed older episodes of the season, not the whole bloody lot!

I'm gutted, now I have to find the remaining episodes elsewhere and watch them on a little screen! :'(

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

It would be better if it was more like BBC iPlayer and gradually removed older episodes of the season, not the whole bloody lot!

@Anonymous User Welcome to the community. Usually this is how catch-up works on NOW TV, but for some shows they get extended catch-up rights, so that all episodes remain until 30 days after the LAST one airs. This is how Supergirl worked. Episodes should have 'days left' messages next to them if they are leaving soon though, so keep an eye out for those.

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User There's no obvious difference such as different icons or colours used (although it would be a good idea). However generally speaking if it's the latest season of a new show that's recently or currently airing it will be catch up. If it's an older season, or the season ended a while back, it will be a boxset. 

Usually catch-up episodes disappear 30 days after they air, so you see episodes dropping off one at a time, but for some shows NOW TV get extended catch-up rights which means (like Supergirl) they get to keep all episodes (or those from the mid-season break onwards) on the service until 30 days after the LAST episode aired. They then drop off at the same time. 

Best thing to do is just keep an eye on the 'days left' message next to the episode on the app to see if it's leaving in the next few days.