Scholar

Super rugby

Why no Western Force v Fijian Drua?

11 REPLIES 11
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @NagaJolokia 

I noticed that this morning checking Fridays TV Guide, that this particular game is not being broadcasted on Sky for some reason by checking the Sky TV Guide planner and checking on the Sky Rugby Union website fixture list (see screenshot below).

Also it looks like The Warathas v The Rebels is not on Sky looking at the screenshot below and checking the TV Guide for Saturday.

I am also guessing  they won't be on catchup also ?

Where I thought Sky had exclusive rights for every single Super Rugby game when they signed the new deal up until the 2025 season.

Screenshot_20230512-070505_Samsung Internet.jpg

NagaJolokia
Scholar

Thanks schnapps, they should've let SANZAR keep it

Dennis13
Scholar

I was going to ask the same question i was not able to watch the Waratahs v Rebels game either is there a way to watch it?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Dennis13 

Only four out of the six matches from Round 12 was on Sky.

I just checked the matches for Round 13 and 14 and they are all televised on Sky Sports.

Screenshot_20230515-125450_Samsung Internet.jpg

Dennis13
Scholar

Thanks i think i found out that it was shown on channel 9 Australia if i had known this on Saturday morning i would have gone on Australian tv on the internet and watched it, but everything pointed to it being on Sky sports. Thank you

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @NagaJolokia 

Might be worth checking if the Warathas v Rebels game is on Sky tomorrow around 10.30 am (if you are interested in the game).

Because I have noticed some conflicting information on Sunday's game between the Brumbies v the Highlanders, where on the dedicated Sky Rugby Union website it says not on Sky (see screenshot 1) where screenshot 2 from the Sky + App TV Guide it says the game is available to watch live on Sky Sports Arena.

Screenshot_20230512-105814_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20230512-105907_Sky+.jpg

NagaJolokia
Scholar

Just annoying, got a day off and wanted to chill out. Thanks for the info

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @NagaJolokia 

Looks like all six matches for round 13 next week and all six round 14 matches the week after will be televised on Sky Sports according to this Sky website link below.

https://www.skysports.com/watch/rugby-union-on-sky 

No idea why there is a few Round 12 matches not being shown on Sky.

NagaJolokia
Scholar

If they're not on normal programming, they should be on demand at least