cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ridley
Advocate

Super rugby pacific sound issues

The sound on several super rugby pacific games on demand does not work. For example: Highlanders vs Blues Rd1. I’ve tried this on a fire stick and iPhone but both have the same issue. (Rugby Union)

39 REPLIES 39
Dennis13
Scholar

I have the same problem hissing sound on all the matches round 4

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Dennis13 

Are you getting the static hissing sound from all round 4 matches? 

Where The Blues v The Crusaders and The Brumbies v Mona Pacifica Round 4 is playing fine for me.

Still waiting for Sunday's early games from Round  4 to be added to catchup to see if there is any issues with them.

The Hurricanes v The Warathas and The Chiefs v The Rebels from Round 4 still has the static noise when I tried to watch both games this morning.

Dennis13
Scholar

Yes indeed it is very annoying can't watch it like this i am an old man who is not very good with technology but i payed for this to make sure i could watch it, no hissing sound on adverts at half time

NagaJolokia
Scholar

I don't think they're interested in sorting this, but they'll take your money

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @DC3 

Unfortunately with Super Rugby on Demand you only have 7 days before it leaves the NOW service.

I managed to watch the Crusaders v Chiefs game yesterday.

Hopefully NOW will pull their finger out with regards to the Highlanders v the Blues where there is roughly 22 hours left and I am also waiting for this static noise to be sorted to enable me to watch the game this evening.

BTW - The Mona Pasifika v Fijian Drua is now fixed and there is roughly 19 hours left on the NOW on Demand service.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @DC3 

Highlanders v Blues seems to be playing fine with no sound problems, where there is around 11 hours left to watch on the NOW on Demand service.

O133
Advocate

This seems to be a consistent issue with games shown on Sky NZ – I haven't had the same issue with any of the Australian games where it's the Stan coverage, but the NZ games consistently have loud static drowning out the sound. It's the same again with Hurricanes v Waratahs from this morning. With the time difference being what it is, it would be good if whatever systematic issue is causing the static could be looked at!

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @ContentTeam 

Like others have reported there is static noise on The Hurricanes v The Waratahs Round 4 match.

Before uploading The Chiefs v The Rebles and The Blues v The Crusaders Round 4 games can somebody from NOW check for this constant static noise and speak to your Content Provider who sends you these download files to supply the games without static noise.

On previous games that had the static noise issue in Rounds 1, 2 & 3 the download files was eventually fixed with hours left to watch before leaving your service, somebody at the Technical Team (either at the Distribution end or NOW end) knows how to fix it.

So why can't we have trouble free on Demand Super Rugby from the onset when the files first gets added to the NOW on Demand service especially now we are 4 weeks into the tournament and still encountering static noise ?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @ContentTeam 

Round 4 of The Chiefs v The Rebels has just got added to your on Demand service and there is no surprise that there is a static noise issue once again.

ContentTeam
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

Hi @schnapps @Toto @Ridley @NagaJolokia @Dennis13 

sorry for this again, this is being investigated now

thanks

* Please note that I am only able to look into content related queries, any account, offer, etc related. Please Contact our customer team or live chat for help.
Thank you