cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mydogminton
Mentor

Succession won't play on Samsung TV.

I've been watching Succession on three Now TV app on my Samsung TV. It's been fine (though the app is, and always had been, slow).

Since this weekend, no episode of Succession will play on my TV. I can select a Succession episode and ###### play, the screen goes dark with a spinner, then goes white with a spinner... and just stays like that forever.

They'll play fine on other devices (Windows laptop, Apple laptop, Android phone) and all other Now TV content plays fine on the TV.

ANYONE else had anything similar?

I've tried signing out and back in, and uninstalling/reinstalling the Now TV app from the TV - doesn't change anything.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Geluk
Expert 2

See my post here; NOWTV admits there's an issue on the app on Samsung TV's, and I think LG's too.

Having to use my NOWTV Stick at the moment.

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Content-Issues-Missing-Episodes/Watch-List-being-trimmed-by-NOWTV/m-p...

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Geluk
Expert 2

See my post here; NOWTV admits there's an issue on the app on Samsung TV's, and I think LG's too.

Having to use my NOWTV Stick at the moment.

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Content-Issues-Missing-Episodes/Watch-List-being-trimmed-by-NOWTV/m-p...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have exactly the same issue.  The way that you have described it is exactly what happens.  It seems a wider spread problem which I hope can be fixed. 

mydogminton
Mentor

@Anonymous User  Is it with the programme Succession? And do you see it on any other programmes

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I was trying to view Succession as well.  Also a Samsung TV.  Just clicked on Undoing episode 1 and its doing the same thing.  There is a bit of information on their Twitter page, with people asking why it won't work on their LG and Samsung TV's.  Looks as though some Samsung and LG TV's might have issues streaming, which I am hoping that they can fix. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Still an issue for me on LG. Now tv is hopeless for sorting it 

mydogminton
Mentor

Thanks @Geluk. I saw that but when I played around with it yesterday it was only affecting one programme: Succession. I didn't see how it could only affect one programme brand and everything else I've tried to play work fine on the same Samsung TV.

Don't know if it was pot luck yesterday but today I can play virtually nothing so guessing it is that issue. Thanks.

FYI - I can resume part played episodes but not watch new ones, or completed episodes. Oddly, I was able to start a new episode of Family Guy but nothing else.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

The undoing won’t play on my LG tv either

Izzie-T
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

Hi All,

If you can please confirm you have done the basic troubleshoot for unplug device/uninstall app, clear all history on device, smart TV & app

If it is still not playing, can you please provide the below info, please?

• Content name
• Season and Ep numbers
• If possible also timing of the problem happens in Ep
• Device types
• If stick or TV, also the TV model and brand
• Area: UK or ROI
• Image or video of problem if possible

Thank you.

*Please note that I am only able to look into on content related queries, any account, offer, etc related, please contact our customer team or live chat for help. Thank you.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Can you contact me as I can not view season 3 on my tv