cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Succession Season 2

I’ve been watching Succession Season 2 but it’s disappeared from the program guide. Can anyone explain why?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User @Anonymous User @Anonymous User @Anonymous User 

The commercial reality is that there are broadly two bases on which Sky, and hence NowTV, obtain programmes, like Succession, from outside suppliers: initially on first-run, where they show the programmes live, and on catchup up until 30 days after the last episode of the season.

This is the basis on which Sky and NowTV obtained Season 2 of Succession, and the 30 days has duly elapsed. The provider of this Season will now lease it out to secondary and tertiary distributors, at a lower rate.

Once it’s done the rounds of these, it becomes available on the second basis, box set, for whatever length of time Sky agrees with the supplier.

This is the basis on which Season 1 has been (re)obtained, so it is not tied to the same dates as Season 2. Though in practice, Sky like to obtain these past Seasons around the time of the latest first-run Season.

So expect Seasons 1 and 2 to come back when the first-run Season 3 is in the offing.

As to expiring without warning, every episode carries its expiry date in its programme details; but I have a theory about what might have happened here.

if you binge-watch it episode to episode, without ever going back to the episodes list where the expiry date is shown, either going back to back or via Continue Watching, the expiry dates may not appear to you, so you get no warning of them.

Is this what happened to you all here; or is there somewhere you expected to be able to see the expiry details and they weren’t there?

Or is the problem that December 6 was erroneously shown, when Season 2 was always slated to leave NowTV on the 12th of November?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.

View solution in original post

22 REPLIES 22
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Me as well. 
It says it is available with my subscription but I can only add season 1 back to MyTV..

Please help community- it was just getting good! 😉

Anonymous User
Not applicable

me too! just shows series 1 and when i go to continue watching nothing happens.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Where the hell is Season 2 ?!

Why is season 1 still showing when you can't watch Season 2 

NOW TV is becoming very difficult to navigate and watch I am not sure why I am paying for this poor service.

If it does not get resolved I will cancel my subscription

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'd like to ask this too. Why put a shorter end date on a later season? Where the hell can I watch it in the UK legally now? Very frustrated..

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am so annoyed. Why has this happened?!

Why am I paying for something which is just stopped without warning half way through.

come on Now TV.  Sort it!!!!!!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This is bang out of order and the only reason I resubscribed to NowTV.  I didn't see any countdown for season 2. Bring it back please

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I agree with all of the comments -- we were 6 episodes into season2 and now its pulled!!

No warning.

When is it back?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello Now TV..Is there anybody out there? People left hanging with Succession 2 and nobody has answered from your caring organisation...great stuff!!!

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User @Anonymous User @Anonymous User @Anonymous User 

The commercial reality is that there are broadly two bases on which Sky, and hence NowTV, obtain programmes, like Succession, from outside suppliers: initially on first-run, where they show the programmes live, and on catchup up until 30 days after the last episode of the season.

This is the basis on which Sky and NowTV obtained Season 2 of Succession, and the 30 days has duly elapsed. The provider of this Season will now lease it out to secondary and tertiary distributors, at a lower rate.

Once it’s done the rounds of these, it becomes available on the second basis, box set, for whatever length of time Sky agrees with the supplier.

This is the basis on which Season 1 has been (re)obtained, so it is not tied to the same dates as Season 2. Though in practice, Sky like to obtain these past Seasons around the time of the latest first-run Season.

So expect Seasons 1 and 2 to come back when the first-run Season 3 is in the offing.

As to expiring without warning, every episode carries its expiry date in its programme details; but I have a theory about what might have happened here.

if you binge-watch it episode to episode, without ever going back to the episodes list where the expiry date is shown, either going back to back or via Continue Watching, the expiry dates may not appear to you, so you get no warning of them.

Is this what happened to you all here; or is there somewhere you expected to be able to see the expiry details and they weren’t there?

Or is the problem that December 6 was erroneously shown, when Season 2 was always slated to leave NowTV on the 12th of November?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.